Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Must Visit Restaurants in Your Town

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by SEANoftheDEAD, May 5, 2016.

1. SEANoftheDEAD May 5, 2016
    (Last edited: May 5, 2016)
    SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I travel often and one thing I really enjoy doing when I travel is checking out the local restaurants/bars in the area. Let's make a list for anyone who likes doing the same.

Say where you're from and what places you'd recommend to out-of towners.

I'll start with a few of my faves from my area..

Delaware

Iron Hill for house brewed craft beers and great food
    Goat Kitchen for tasty food in a rustic atmosphere
    Dogfish Head Brewery for their brewery tour/incredible beers/good hangs
    1984 for a decent sized craft beer list, quarter arcade games and local music
    Capriotti's for the Bobbie (Thanksgiving on a bun)
    Moroleon 2 mins from DE border...best Mexican food I've ever had

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

WHITE CASTLE

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

My podunk suburb of Knoxville: Casa Fiesta. Best margaritas I've ever had and the best burrito I've ever had.

I'll throw some that I've been to in other places where I've spent quite a bit of time.

Knoxville, TN:
    Stock & Barrel
    Downtown Grill & Brewery
    Cafe 4
    Blue Coast Cafe

Blacksburg, VA:
    Cabo
    Blacksburg Taphouse
    Bull & Bones

Franklin, NC:
    The Bowery

I didn't really do these sorts of restaurants as a kid growing up in Tampa, so no real idea there. Just places along the beach for blackened grouper sandwiches in Clearwater are coming to mind. But I've never really known their names, just where they're located.

4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Thanks man! I visit Tampa frequently and love some of the places that have been popping up around Seminole Heights and St. Pete. Not to mention Columbia in Ybor is absolutely amazing.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Oh man. Cuban toast from the Columbia ruled my childhood. My mom used to work at a florist shop in Ybor so we always got breakfast from there. I need to get back to the Tampa Bay area as an adult. I loved it as a kid, but know I could enjoy it so much more now.

I really liked a lot of the restaurants in Channelside, but I think they're mostly chains.

6. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I don't strictly live there, but I'm decently close:
    Hershey, PA - Treogs Brewing Company

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

That's awesome, the toast is sooo good! I love it down there, so many breweries have been popping up too. Last time I was down there we spent a couple nights just driving around stopping at all the good local spots. I've gotta try the places you recommended in VA next time I'm down that way.

8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Troeg's is phenomenal! The food is great and I love how they do the seat yourself anywhere you want type of deals. Makes for great drunken convos with strangers haha.

Guys Named Todd likes this.
  9. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I wasn't sure what to expect from the food, but it was completely on point. Pair that with the fact that they've never made a bad beer, and I can't help but stop by every time I'm in town.

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Mount Horeb, Wisconsin - Grumpy Troll Brew Pub
    Northfield, Minnesota - um...not sure if there are really any can't miss places

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

European Street Cafe - Sandwiches, beer, chocolate, and pies.

12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I like all those things...where's that at?

13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Same here! I really dig the fact that you can buy the scratch beers that they make in the store as well. Had this killer porter last time I was down there. And of course...the mad elf!

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Riverside on Post, San Marco on San Marco, Beach before University, and one near Atlantic Beach