Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Musicians on Musicians: Billie Joe Armstrong & Billie Eilish

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day and Billie Eilish sat down to talk with Rolling Stone:

That’s good. Things happen so rapidly now. It’s like people go through a cycle of music like it’s a fucking Instagram page, where you just sit there and flick through pictures all the time. I think it’s a new frontier for [Green Day], which is really fun. We’re not gonna have a record deal, which is awesome. I’m able to put out whatever I feel like anytime. I did the Longshot record, and I got to put stuff out on SoundCloud. So it’s like it doesn’t matter if you’re in a punk-rock band or in a pop group or hip-hop. It doesn’t matter anymore.

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Cool but how could her favorite song be the hidden track on dookie? I hope it’s not and she was just trying to act cool with Billie because she knows the “deep album cuts.”

3. Landrick Robert

Stay Gold

I just don't get the fascination with her and yungblud.

4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Why can't it be?

5. Easy, they both make accessible pop music that appeals to more mainstream kids and hot topic kids

6. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

It’s like meeting Picasso and telling him your favorite work of his was a doodle he made on a napkin. Or like meeting a famous chef and telling them your favorite dish of theirs is the breadsticks they served before the meal. Its probably nothing like these things haha but it’s not a real song is my point and it’s just a joke so I don’t see how you can say it’s your favorite. I enjoy the song too but it’s apples and oranges compared to their actual songs.

7. Imagine writing a whole ass paragraph because you're mad a 17 year old girl's favorite Green Day song is a joke track

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Lol mad

9. 333 GANG

ACAB

Really doesn’t seem like they’re mad about it.

10. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I’m sure billy joe is just happy that the biggest pop star of 2019 likes his band

11. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Honest question: is hot topic still a huge thing? I see people continue to make that joke, but I'm out of touch regarding whether it's actually still an influential store.

12. I just graduated high school a few months back. It's definitely still a thing, but probably not as big as it was 10 years ago.

13. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Or she's good and he actually thinks so?..