Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MusicBot Pushes Forward the Idea of What an iOS Shortcut Can Be

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Federico Viticci is back with another incredible iOS Shortcut over at MacStories. This one is MusicBot, an all-in-one Apple Music assistant:

For the past several months, I’ve been working on a shortcut designed to be the ultimate assistant for Apple Music. Called MusicBot, the shortcut encompasses dozens of different features and aims to be an all-in-one assistant that helps you listen to music more quickly, generate intelligent mixes based on your tastes, rediscover music from your library, control playback on AirPlay 2 speakers, and much more. I poured hundreds of hours of work into MusicBot, which has gained a permanent spot on my Home screen. Best of all, MusicBot is available to everyone for free.

I’ve been playing around with this for about a week and still have barely scratched the surface of what it can do.

2. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

This is cool but i'm not sure all of it is working for me. For example if I try to choose the "rediscover lost songs" in "smart mixes" it takes me back to the main selection menu. But maybe that only works after I listen to a bunch of stuff after downloading this and then it can make that playlist once I haven't listened to something in a while.

3. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

This is just fantastic. I wish I could understand and use Shortcuts the way Federico does. Every time I open Shortcuts to create my own the app just intimidates the hell out of me and I quickly close it and wait for Federico/MacStories to do it for me. lol

4. surgerone

Regular Supporter

just read through Federico's breakdown, super excited to try this out