Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Musical Theatre • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by FrenzalRob, Jun 22, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

if you prefer plays next week is the least week of American Buffalo

phaynes12 likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. maryp1603 likes this.
  4. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Apparently reached the “Money? Who cares?” phase of a breakdown, as hubby and our friends decided to buy tickets to the final Strange Loop performance. It was our friends Broadway debut (Thought #2, for anyone familiar with the show) and we had to be there for this.

Groogz likes this.
  5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Wicked. The play. - 5/10

Eh I just want to vent about my Broadway experience. Let's break it down

Stage set/pageantry = A+
    Songs = C
    Plot = D.

Other than defying gravity and popular, the other songs are really mid tier/forgettable level stuff. They all sounded the same and all had the same general message .

Act 1 I was on board. They started to introduce this subplot of animals used to be able to talk but the government is cracking down. THAT sounded interesting. I was like, oooh, okay that's a little dark, I'm into this.

Act 2. Let's just shoehorn a lot of wizard of oz crap, make every characters motivations random and nonsensical, and an ending that makes you go ".....ok?".

For a show thats been running for 20 years, i thought it was kinda weak.

But the moms had a good time and it was their Xmas present so thats good at least (bye bye $800)

6. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Tickets went on sale today for the Gatsby musical with music written by Florence Welch that’s premiering in Boston. It was… a bloodbath. lol.
    The website constantly crashed, and they eventually set up one of those online queue systems. My friend has been in it for over an hour.
    I somehow managed to snag two front row seats opening weekend.