Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Music from Japan • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chocobo, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

ooh sweet! I haven't listened to Dir en Grey since Uroboros, which I loved, and Dum Spiro Spero which I never gave much time. I'll have to check this one out

Also I've been listening to Shiina Ringo a lot since discovering that her discography is on Spotify now. I've loved her music for a decade now and I'm happy to be going back to it

nomemorial likes this.
  2. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I never got too into DSS, but the album after it (Arche) is one of my favorites by them - a solid "return to form" in a way while still sticking to their current style.

And Shiina Ringo is so damn good and I did NOT know her stuff was on Spotify, so this is a great tip!!!

ChaseTx likes this.
  3. I've lost track on Dir en Grey after Uroborous. I remember them going in a death metal direction afterwards which wasn't my thing at the time. Looking forward to catch up on their discography.

4. Chocobo

Regular

new album end of January!

5. Raku

Regular

Finally got around to checking out the anime 'Red Garden' which was on my back catalog for years now, and the ending songs were great.

Although the full versions are somewhat different than the anime versions

Anime versions

Full versions

Petit nain des Îles and Chocobo like this.
  6. Chocobo

Regular

Yuki Akira, first full album out now.

Kayoko Yoshizawa, new album november 07th.

Mao Abe

Nogizaka46, farewell Nishino Nanase :verysad:

Aimyon

popo and SpyKi like this.
  7. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

The Pillows released a comp of re-recorded songs likely featured on the new FLCL seasons and it's too good.

Chocobo likes this.
  8. Chocobo

Regular

another debut album I'm really looking forward to.

9. L.M.C. holy shit, I was obsessed with them for like just a few months in late 2007/early 2008. Weird times, I wonder how well their early stuff holds up.

10. Chocobo

Regular

:drool:

Petit nain des Îles and SpyKi like this.
  11. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

looking to catch up on some releases from this year. what are like 3-5 albums you all think i should check out. im really into harunemuri's and wednesday campanella's album. i want too into perfume's new one despite really liking them for a while. aside from that and some random electronic albums here i havent heard much else.

12. Chocobo

Regular

popo and StepsInADance like this.
  13. Chocobo

Regular

first full album coming on 5th december!

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm hoping that Daoko album is on spotify. It seems like a lot of Japanese artists I want to check out are not. I need to listen to those old CAPSULE records.

15. popo

@Chocobo how/where can I stream that sayonara ponytail album?

16. Chocobo

Regular

I couldn't find it anywhere :(

17. popo

I know right? No youtube uploads, spotify, or even bandcamp. Those are the three big ones I use and I can't seem to track it down.
    Maybe I can post on the Japanese music reddit, and get some assistance...

I'm dedicated to finding track #4 specifically (A New World With You). The clip in your video was hitting all the right spots for me

18. minhnt0706 Dec 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 12, 2018)
    minhnt0706

This is my top10 :3

1 Lemon of 米津玄師 (Kenshi Yonezu)
    2 Kataomoi of Aimer
    3 Daisuki deshita of Erica
    4 Umbrella of アリエP
    5 Kimi dattara – Happy birthday
    6 Zenzenzensei – RADWIMPS
    7 Ainekuraine of 米津玄師 (Kenshi Yonezu)
    8 Uchiage Hanabi – Daoko & Kenshi Yonezu
    9 Me me she of RADWIMPS
    10 After Rain – Aimer

Read these song lyrics here.

popo likes this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't understand why these record labels basically make the music inaccessible. Even when I went to Japan, picking up records was crazy expensive. I think I spent $70 on two lp's. Let us stream that shit.

popo and Raku like this.
  20. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

incompetence

Raku likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Daoko is on spotify!

popo and Chocobo like this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

23. GBlades

Trusted

Listening to the new RADWIMPS album. They've been on on constant spin since the your name. release.

24. musick

25. Revisiting School Food Punishment's discography as Riff Rain just turned 10 last month. Reunite please ;'(