Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Music from Japan • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chocobo, Apr 1, 2016.

1. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

wild day for japanese music yesterday. new capsule, for tracy hyde, and tricot all dropping the same day.

Crisp X likes this.
  2. StepsInADance

rip to yukihiro takahashi. as the drummer and singer of ymo hes been responsible of some of the greatest japanese music ever made and while his solo career hasnt gotten the attention that hosono's or sakamoto's did, everything ive heard has been marvelous. a true legend.

this album is one of my favorites of his and once a fool... from a couple of years later is also very good

The Lucky Moose and SpyKi like this.
  3. StepsInADance

new mondo grosso song is heavy af, reminds me a lot of player-era capsule.

JamesMichael and SpyKi like this.
  5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

it's good!

JamesMichael likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Great band. New song.

7. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

8. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I need more stuff like Jyocho desperately. Any recommendations?

9. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

it’s a cop out but uchu conbini are members of jyocho and is equally at good .

Less lush , and more catchy mathy pop , but pens+ also good and have a really good split on Lauren records

Also if you never dived into them elephant gym are incredible and have multiple releases on top shelf

also tricot who are also on top shelf

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Great band from the Osaka area - played in town last night.

Excellent EP

Crisp X and Noradrenaline like this.
  11. Noradrenaline

Regular

Love Chilli Beans. Their debut EP and LP are probably in my top ten releases of their respective years. I would've loved to have seen them live when I was in Tokyo this May but they didn't play any shows there during those weeks :(

This was my introduction to them and I've watched it countless times by now!

justin. likes this.
  12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Atarashii Gakko

Crisp X likes this.
  13. Collin Skeen

Regular

I'll never get over how powerful this song (and this entire performance) is. I also can't believe that more people in the scene don't know about Number Girl.

Crisp X and Noradrenaline like this.