Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Music Forum General Chat Thread • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Marx&Recreation, Aug 23, 2021.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

oh nice, I actually just listened to his last one somewhat recently so I'll give this a go

Cameron likes this.
  2. irthesteve

I have something very embarrasing to admit. I heard a song on the radio the other day and thought it sounded like a kinda cool take on Billy Idol-style rock mixed with My Chemical Romance, only to find it was Yungblud. So I guess I like a Yungblud song... I am sorry everyone

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

He actually has quite a few songs I like, he's just obnoxious lol

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

5. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Prestigious

I just wanted to share that my Step mom got Eric Clapton Tickets for my dad this fathers day.

The man can't even talk about it without tearing up. My dad is so fucking cute and it just proves to me even more that I am 100% just like him.

that is all.

aspeedomodel and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

7. FoS

Harder styles organization

good

8. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Crowd-sourcing a few ideas: what are some of your favorite pre-release promotion strategies that bands/artists use these days? What gets you hyped aside from the new music itself?

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

Honestly? Nothing.
    Now that music is instantly available the day it releases I just keep in mind when it comes out and then I listen to it that morning. Sometimes I even forget tbh. Didn’t realize the new Russian Circlea comes out next week and that’s a band I really like. Back when you had to buy a cd if artists played their cards right the lead up to the album dropping would be unbearable

coleslawed likes this.
  10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Are there any Mt. Joy fans in here? I couldn't find a thread. I saw them last night at Red Rocks and they were incredible.

11. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

There’s post-hardcore, post-punk, post-metal, post-rock, and post-grunge. Where’s post-emo, post-indie, post-shoegaze, post-altenative, etc????

agent paranoia likes this.
  12. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

Haven’t been on here in a hot minute but it’s cool seeing some of the same names from years ago. How is everyone?

irthesteve and OhTheWater like this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Talk Talk/Mark Hollis

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

spoon

15. irthesteve

The list of answers to that question is way too long

16. JM95

Trusted

I think individuals with several different projects is a more interesting avenue to go down with that question than just listing bands.

17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

lil b

18. irthesteve

big b

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

pushin B

20. heavymetaljim

21. heavymetaljim

22. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

no idea how or why it's been in heavy, heavy rotation for me, but Catch Without Arms by Dredg has been a soundtrack to my life for the last month or so. I had listened to it years ago and liked it but a few weeks ago I remembered it and threw it on and it's been an almost multi-day listen every day. There are some cheesy parts / parts that make me laugh ("Planting Seeds" but that's mostly because of the Dwight "I will plant my seed in you" line to Ryan from The Office) but man, such a great record - and yes, records 1, 2 and 4 are great as well. can't wait for them to come back and release a 5th record :eh:

23. Eric1708

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious