Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Music Forum General Chat Thread (I) [ARCHIVED] • Page 23

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Does anyone know a quick way to pull up numbers on which debut albums performed the best this year? I feel like we've had a bunch of artists doing really well on their first try...SZA comes to mind but I wanna see what other newbies are killing it.

2. JxP

Poster Boys for Bad Luck

I hadnt listened to balance and composure until today. Gotta say im enjoying their 1st album so far, will definitely listen to more and might even see them in december.

Zac Djamoos and coleslawed like this.
  3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

that was awesome!

4. Shattered Glass

Where should I start with The Menzingers?

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

6. This is one of the best pop-punk songs of the last few years

7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

8. Dog with a Blog

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't know where else to put this because I'll be damned if I'm bumping a Hoodie Allen thread, but I think this is actually a really cool thing:

I don't really mind going to shows myself these days if I want to go bad enough, but it was definitely awkward the first few times. This would've been a nice option.

10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Pvris has been doing the same thing

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  11. vercetitrapstar

Latest Release, Be Sure To Hit The Like Button If You Like

12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I created a private room for Chorus.FM on Plug.DJ. For those that were active on Turntable.FM, this is basically the 2017 version of it. Not quite as polished, but still pretty solid. Link below

https://plug.dj/-239197887695355255

13. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

where should i start with Options?

14. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I'm kinda bummed out with this new Four Year Strong album. A couple reworkings of songs, but the b-sides i was hoping for a legit release, not just the same b-sides i've had forever. Just seems like they're still just trying to cash in on songs they wrote a decade ago. meh.

15. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Anybody remember that band NK? (formally known as North Korea, what happened to them?

16. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Plugging the Silverstein thread for the discography bracket. Dead Reflection (their latest album) is the first album we're doing and we're nearing the final round.

Come vote

17. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Is Broadway Calls done? They could make a great album in the Trump age, but I can't find anything recent on them...bums me out!

18. Seems like they play a few shows a year, but I haven't seen them mention new music in a long time. I'd love to hear more from them.

Chris Prindle likes this.
  19. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

wtf there's a new Ariel Pink album

and no thread

22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I assumed this would get more coverage, but barely anyone is talking about it even though the members were arrested and there's a fair amount of evidence.

24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

chalk it up to old/niche genre I think

pitchfork covered it as they've started to cover more extreme genres like death and black metal in recent years

but yeah this is beyond disgusting and it's a band whose seminal work that I've personally bolstered as being some of the greatest in the genre. So it makes me feel disgusted on a personal level.

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.