Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Music Forum General Chat Thread (I) [ARCHIVED] • Page 21

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

In their defense, Epitaph delivers merch(Kings Road Merch)faster than like anyone on the planet

YouOnlyLukeOnce likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Is there a general thread for like dancehall, reggaeton and so on?

3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

when I saw the chainsmokers album art I remembered say anything

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I've been listening to None More Black's Icons every day since I rediscovered it. I forgot how fucking awesome it is.

5. Kuri44

6. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I'm giving Knuckle Puck a chance for the first time. Definitely better than what I expected.

7. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

this song is huge

9. smoledman

Damn. Too bad I wasn't into music in 1990, I would have had so much great stuff to listen to!

coleslawed likes this.
  10. I think... I think I made a mental note to myself to check out The Shins and looked into The Smiths instead. I liked what I heard from The Smiths a couple months ago but never returned to it. YouTube suggested me a random song by The Shins just now and this sounds more like something that I'd keep coming back to.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

I don't know if it's the weed or the music video but Midnight City by M83 is one of the most stunningly beautiful songs I've ever heard.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. smoledman

No-Man "Things Change".

13. smoledman

14. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

Anyone want to give me some recs for a summer playlist?

15. westcoastbruh

I'm loving CHON's new song Waterslide.

16. westcoastbruh

that video is dope.

17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah man fuck even trying to support an artist in the tiniest way

smoledman likes this.
  18. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

This is easily the best pop song of the year so far, for me.

19. anajames

Bailando again on my playlist since 4 days now.

20. smoledman

Discovered Stevie Wonder's "Songs in the Key of Life" album. Some very groovy sounds.

21. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Idk where the right place for this is so I picked this thread, but how do y'all organize your music? I use Apple Music and I save literally everything I might think of listening to but I'm thinking of deleting the stuff I don't even really like so I can shuffle my library without skipping a million songs. For now I have a playlist of downloaded music I know I like that I shuffle but it's harder to find a specific playlist than just shuffle my library.

22. Noradrenaline

Regular

I use Spotify and have created playlists for every year since 1960, where I put every album I like or find interesting from each year. If i find a song I want to remember och check out later I use the save function, or if it's albums I put them in the corresponding yearly playlist. Other than that I have playlists for different genres where I save my favourite songs. It might sound more complicated than it is O:-)

DeRRek and skogsraet like this.
  23. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

That sounds like exactly the kind of setup I'd like but how long did it take you?

24. Noradrenaline

Regular

Well, it's hard to tell actually. I started doing the yearly playlists in 2013 so every playlist since then have been updated "live". The ones from the years before I usually update when I'm listening to an older album, and then add the rest of that band's/artist's discography to the corresponding playlist at the same time.

I've organized my yearly playlists like this:
    [​IMG]

And then my genre based playlists aren't really that organized and haven't got any specific kind of titles:
    [​IMG]

But organizing my music library is something I can spend hours doing :-)

Edit: My tip would be to just create a playlist for every year and then add the albums to them periodicly.

25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

My iTunes was organized once but now it's such a mess that I'm scared to go back to it. My Spotify became a mess too so I deleted every playlist and decided to keep it simple from now on. The problem I have with streaming services is that I never know what to listen to, that was much easier for me when I had an iPod. My CDs and so on are a mess too because I always start organizing but never finish :thumbup:

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.