Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Music Forum General Chat Thread (I) [ARCHIVED] • Page 19

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Kuri44

Lol oh wow, I didn't even see the date. Someone shared it on my fb feed so I thought it was recently. Durp

2. I'm thinking of covering three songs from each of these albums for every month of 2017. Which season/month would you associate with each album?

Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs
    Dashboard Confessional - Places You Have Come to Fear the Most
    Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
    Something Corporate - Leaving Through the Window
    The Starting Line - Say It Like You Mean It
    Paramore - Riot
    Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
    Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree
    Saves the Day - Through Being Cool
    Tegan and Sara - Sainthood
    The Early November - Room's Too Cold
    Brand New - Deja Entendu

That's the order I have so far, starting with Death Cab in January. I think I have summer/fall down, not so sure about winter/spring.

3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

why has the entire first page of the music forum been threads for old or shitty bands the last week

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

One look at the first page says you're wrong so maybe you're just cynical

Chris Prindle and Zac Djamoos like this.
  5. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Uhhh what the fuck happened to what.cd??

6. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

I actually was wondering the same the last few days, finally checked their twitter and seen they shut down and said they would not be likely returning in their current format..... RIP :tear:

7. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Yeah, I heard. I'm gutted. I'm optimistic something will rise up to replace it, but up until now it was probably the single most comprehensive collection of music in history...

8. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

I was telling my girl the same when it went down. It had the best collection of music across all spectrums I've ever seen to the point I'd use what.cd (and soulseek) for barometers if something is even able to be found online. Welp here's hoping they eventually come back or like you said something will rise up to replace it.

Guess my Rutracker account is gunna be getting super flexed lmao.

9. digital by birth

Evolution not revolution

I've been thinking and the conclusion I've come to is that if you crossed "Tom Vek" with "Imagine Dragons" the end result would be "Bastille"?!

10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Not quite sure what thread to put this in but I was curious.

Who this year would you say released the best album of their careers? Some easy ones off the top of my head would be The 1975 and Frank Ocean.

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Touché Amoré and Joyce Manor

12. Deathco_019

Drummer

The 1975
    Touche Amore
    Every Time I Die
    O'Brother
    Balance And Composure

red8ge likes this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

The 1975, Joyce Manor, Touché Amore, Balance and Composure, From Indian Lakes

red8ge likes this.
  14. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Swain (formerly This Routine Is Hell) with "The Long Dark Blue" imo

15. red8ge

Regular

something i was thinking about these past couple of days. do you folks ever initially listen to a song, hear a lyric and really enjoy it, only to find out the actual lyric is something else?

the new code orange song when i originally heard it, i thought it was 'the death of civilian mentality' when really it's 'bully mentality,' and when ETID put out underwater bimbos i thought it was 'when the ire sharpens the iron.' i think in most cases i just stick with the words i heard, although sometimes the real one is a better (the matches rhinovirus originally thought 'i think i'm decomposing' is 'i'm de-de-de-decomposing')

curious if anyone does the same or changes it in their head when they find the real lyrics

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Happy Hanukkah thread

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Been listening to a lot of Kinks lately. Such a great band. How do they not get talked about more?

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. goation

Regular

Currently listening to Joyce Manor's entire discography while changing my guitar strings and rearranging my pedal board. Great way to spend an afternoon

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

British Invasion was just so stacked, had them the Stones, the Beatles and The Who, I guess they get lost in the shuffle

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. takingback1738

the kinks are kinky :)

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I can't exactly blame people for losing them in the time. They are the weakest of the four. But damn it's been so long now haha.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  22. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

For the last month or so, Moose Blood has been getting consistent play on Sirus' Alt Nation which is slightly surprising. I didn't see them getting radio play but it's cool. Just a few minutes ago, I forget which radio host it was but they just mentioned Absolute Punk.

23. My friend just said that he heard them on one of the big terrestrial radio stations in Chicago tonight. Very cool for them.

24. RonandTammy

Regular

There's a genre that I just don't understand. It would fit into the R&B/hip-hop genre but it's somewhat "lo-fi." My question is if anyone here listened to this type of stuff. I do, but not too much.

Here are some of the artists.

-Blackbear
    -Mike Posner
    -Kyle Lucas
    -Kreayshawn

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.