Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Music Forum General Chat Thread (I) [ARCHIVED] • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

It's still 100% music first for me. Video games and television aren't too far behind though. Scott makes a good point. Check out what you want to check out, take as much time as you need to consume art, do it at your own pace. Don't worry that you're missing out on anything. Don't worry that you're not going to cross everything off your list. There's literally so much art out there that a whole lifetime's art consumption is just scraping the surface of it.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  2. loveisarisk

Regular

I used to frequent this thread on AP so hi lol

3. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I don't think I ever found a music chat thread on AP. Just the general chat. I probably just overlooked it, though.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

can we get a moderator to make sure tags/title formatting is right
    that shit fucks me up

Nick and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ like this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I nominate shruggle

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

Their latest album is top notch.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I know zero people will care, but I just learned Dave Melillo released a second full length album in 2012. That is all.

loveisarisk likes this.
  8. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I have not heard that name in forever. Wasn't he on DTR? And did stuff with HelloGoodbye?

9. irthesteve

Yes to DTR, no to Hellogoodbye, it was Cute Is What We Aim For which he joined briefly

10. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Oh. Never listened to that band. PRobably just remember that from the site I shall not name anymore out of respect.

Pouring :beer:

11. irthesteve

RIP in 39 minutes

12. Andrew Shores

I was totally nervous to go to Japan.

Literally me, except like 2009-2013. Kinda cringe that I still know the words to the first few Man Overboard releases but missed out on more substantial stuff. However, saw The Wonder Years a few different times. No ragrets.

13. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I wish there was a cool # like POZ had.

14. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

MO was decent through their 2nd full length.

15. Andrew Shores

All I can really stomach anymore is a few tracks off Real Talk. Man Overboard is definitely an important piece to the pop-punk puzzle, and also helped get a lot of kids (like myself) into a lot of the stuff we are currently loving.

16. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Real Talk blew me away at the time. Still good and catchy.

17. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Throwing back to people talking being overwhelmed by the amount of music there is to listen to: how do you guys keep track of the music you need to check out + the new music you listen to? I legit forget about great new albums for weeks.

18. Andrew Shores

Add it to a Spotify/Apple Music playlist. I spend a good deal of time working out and use new music to drone out whatever is playing at the gym.

19. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I have a playlist I throw songs into, I suppose I just need to exercise more diligence in updating it. It can feel like a chore sometimes with all the music there is to check out.

20. Andrew Shores

Agreed. To be honest I've learned to be a bit picky - if something doesn't strike me after the first few listens then I leave it alone. No use in trying to like something that doesn't immediately catch your ear.

Plus, music doesn't have an expiration. You can check it out later. Sometimes I'll bookmark articles/reviews in Google Chrome. I do this a lot with Pitchfork stuff.

21. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

22. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Is there going to be something on chorus.fm where people list new releases every Friday like people would on the weekly news story? I like the AOTY list and Metacritic and AllMusic but sometimes that covered things that none of those sites would.

23. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

/is this chat a good place for that?

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

there's already an album release part of the website

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ likes this.
  25. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Oh awesome, didn't see that. Thanks!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.