Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Music Forum General Chat Thread (I) [ARCHIVED] • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. I forgot about how much I loved this band.

2. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I have never heard of them but this is right up my alley! Thanks.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  3. You're welcome! They've got two EPs and something new on the way. They're a Canadian band that doesn't come state-side nearly enough. Good and hardworking people with the best pop rock tunes.

AelNire likes this.
  4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I completely forgot this existed and it popped up as a recommended video randomly this morning on YouTube

5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

The one about that guy who was in a local band but is now a DJ is seriously the funniest yet accurate thing that I've see from them to date. It actually happened to the dude who was in a local band here in STL call This Is Energy, he moved to Nashville after it was clear they were going nowhere and the last I heard, he's an EDM DJ or something like that now.

6. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I need these.

7. aranea Mar 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 29, 2016)
    aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I have been unable to enjoy music (apart from like, EDM, video game music, and some pop artists I go on about every day..) for over a year now. it happened post break-up. my ipod classic was sold to his family, which makes it all the more worse. i can't afford streaming services, i have a really small library, and i just feel bitter about it in general. i'm not sure why it's still like this, but it's irritating me regularly and i don't really know how much longer, or if ever, it will take to feel the excitement i used to. i mean, it's why AbsolutePunk was made so coming on here knowing i don't feel half as good about music as everyone else does (especially when i mostly listen to stuff nobody else here really does haha) is so weird.

i don't know, i needed somewhere to rant and since this is the music chat thread i thought this would be the place. i've taken up my time with playing games or watching shows, and listening to music is something i do very passively now and have lost major interest in. i didn't think a relationship would affect it that badly. well, we started talking because of a concert that was coming up that we were both interested in, so there's some context. but still. i went from listening to music regularly to going for days at a time without listening to it or caring about it. i start to wonder if i was eventually going to feel like this, or it's only cause of what happened and it's temporary. i hope it's the latter.

8. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I am loving this The Maine "Am I Pretty?" song. I've been listening to it almost non-stop since I saw they made a video for it.

9. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

10. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I want a new Haim album now please.

11. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Feels like it's been forever since their debut

phaynes1 and morgantayler like this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

morgantayler likes this.
  13. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

It sounds like it should be coming out sometime this year, hopefully sooner than later.

14. irthesteve

It's not much, but they do backing vocals on two tracks of the new Primal Scream album

15. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I honestly feel the exact same way. Been so hard to keep up with music lately and my desire to check out new stuff has been very low.

lightning13 likes this.
  16. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I want to consume but can't. Music, tv shows, books, etc..

17. I feel the same way, especially with music. Like, there's just so much out there, and so much of it is important, that I don't even know where to start. And I'm constantly shaking my head at myself for listening to nothing but pop punk from 2010-2013 or so.

lightning13 and AelNire like this.
  18. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

:teethsmile::teethsmile:

19. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I thought I was the only one ;_; I've been more invested in TV and games.

20. irthesteve

Swear you just willed this into existence, they just posted on Instagram "NEW SONGS NEW SHOW THIS SUMMER"

RobbieBerns, morgantayler and Meerkat like this.
  21. This is something I think about on an almost daily basis. For me it's mainly video games, but definitely TV, albums, and books as well. I keep a backlog of everything I want to play/watch and I very rarely make any meaningful progress with it. It's silly to get anxious about it considering there will always be more art than one person can conceivably consume, but I do.

RobbieBerns and AelNire like this.
  22. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

morgantayler likes this.
  23. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Lol that's amazing.

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

25. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Oh god yes.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.