Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Muse Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt, Jan 26, 2017.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I genuinely don’t know if I love “Propoganda” or hate it lmao. Apparently Timbaland produced it? So weird

2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Dig Down is very easily the worst on this. Overall I kind of enjoyed it. I went in with zero expectations which helped.

Larry David and beachdude like this.
  3. beachdude Nov 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 9, 2018)
    beachdude

There’s definitely enjoyment to be found here. But man... Propaganda and Break It to Me... I don’t know if I can deal with those man lol

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

haha I was just listening to both of those in my car on my commute and i think they are great. maybe not objectively great but i dont really care anymore, they are fun

beachdude likes this.
  5. beachdude

Yeah that’s the thing... I actually think I enjoy this more than any of their other albums post-BH&R. It doesn’t touch their first four albums, but going in with zero expectations this is definitely a fun listen.

KidLightning and Matt like this.
  6. Matt

I tweeted out earlier that this is my favorite of theirs since BH&R so we are on the same page brother

beachdude likes this.
  7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Haha, I’m doing my first listen now and was really digging it up until these tracks as well. The bass in Break it to me reminds me of Korn.

ideini and beachdude like this.
  8. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I've hated "Dig Down" since they released it. I was hoping it wouldn't be on the record and that it was a one-off single

Joe4th likes this.
  9. manoverboard365

Trusted

After the singles I pretty much wrote this album off, but you guys got me optimistic. Gonna give this a spin today.

10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

This is a lot of fun. The acoustic version of Propaganda is pretty killer and Break It To Me might be my favorite on here.

beachdude likes this.
  11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The Dig Down gospel version is cool

stars143 and KidLightning like this.
  12. beachdude

I’m gonna have to listen to acoustic Propaganda just to hear what they do with the hook lol

KidLightning likes this.
  13. beachdude

Yeah this album is a ton of fun, enjoying it more than I thought I would for sure.

KidLightning likes this.
  14. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

About half of this is pretty fun, the other half is really not good.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  15. MacbethSin

Regular

I'm on the first song and it sounds exactly like the soundtrack for a shitty 80’s nostalgia mobile game where you fly an 8-bit spaceship around asteroids. Can only go up from here I guess?

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ha, I thought the first song was actually the highlight of the album.

Fox83 and beachdude like this.
  17. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I'm a little bit lost listening to this. Some parts I like, others I don't. As a record though it's kind of all over the place.

18. This band's entire aesthetic has always been over the top but I can't get on board with their new stuff at all. Stick a fork in me, I'm done. Might even skip their eventual Irish show because the ratio of songs they play that I like:songs they play that I couldn't give a fuck about has been further skewed by this really-not-my-thing album. Not a single song I like, I don't get them anymore.

I was hoping they'd get their shit together for this album and bring me back into the fold (as bad as I thought Drones was in the main, there were enough good songs on there for me to at least enjoy, like, a third of it), but they've totally lost me with it. Sucks how these guys were right up there as one of my favourite bands a decade ago and since then they've gone off a cliff.

19. Fox83

Trusted

I thought i wouldn't like this album, but I'm enjoying it so far.

mattfreaksmeout and beachdude like this.
  20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The best two songs on here are the alternate versions of Algorithm and Dark Side tbh

21. Matt

Favorite Muse songs?

Mine are Hyper Chondriac Music from Hullabaloo and Stockholm Syndrome.

beachdude likes this.
  22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’ll try making a top 10 today. Even through all the garbage I’d still call them one of my favorite bands

beachdude likes this.
  23. beachdude

Those are definitely HIGH up for me too... honestly my list would just end up being most of Origin and Absolution haha

stars143 and Matt like this.
  24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Citizen Erased will always be my favorite

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'd probably go with Stockholm Syndrome too. I'd also put Plug In Baby and Apocalypse Please up there.

beachdude, Matt and Larry David like this.