Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Muse Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt, Jan 26, 2017.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

They also just did an interview with KROQ this morning. Pretty much confirmed that Bonnaroo and Bottlerock are pretty much the gist of their touring for 2018, with plans for the new album to come out at the end of the year and a big arena tour all 2019.

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I don't really like that new song at all tbh. Tbh with that title I got my hopes up for something more akin to their old style, idk why. Honestly when I listen to Muse nowadays it's mostly from Origin or Absolution, and sometimes Black Holes... and that's basically it.

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Drones was a step towards the Muse I prefer (even if it was distilled down to repetitive hard rock riffing). Not feeling either of the new singles but "Thought Contagion" is definitely the best of the bunch.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I don’t hate it, not super interesting but I feel like the rest of the album could have potential (hopefully)

5. stars143

Trusted

This is one of the best live bands around. I saw them last night and the setlist was amazing. I didn't get to see Plug In Baby or Stockholm Syndrome the only other time I've seen them. The only downside to the show was the huge number of annoying crowd surfers. There was one guy who kept constantly crowd surfing to the front and then going again... like 8 times.

beachdude42 and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  6. stars143

Trusted

7. stars143

Trusted

From an interview on KROQ iwth Matt:
    new album will have 11 songs + 8 acoustic tracks
    new album isn't finished

8. Matt

Really dislike both new songs. Maybe I’m done with the band

9. stars143

Trusted

Thought Contagion has grown on me a lot. Dig Down and Something Human are forgettable.

10. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

this band haven't been good for ten plus years. The drop off started with Black Holes

11. Matt

Being a Muse fan is so punishing, getting disappointed over and over again lol

beachdude42, stars143 and DickyCullz like this.
  12. stars143

Trusted

Hot take: their recent few albums have been disappointing, but are still better than 85.6% of bands. I'll still check out anything they put out.

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Big Freeze is an underrated song

14. Matt

It's pretty much a U2 song but I enjoy it. I've been going back and listening through all the albums again, The 2nd Law is probably my least favorite but I love Chris' songs towards the end.

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. SoundscapeMN

Regular

stars143 likes this.
  16. beachdude

stars143 likes this.
  17. Matt

At least we got some falsettos I guess

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. beachdude

The best of the four singles imo, but that’s really only because I have such a low bar for them these days.

19. stars143

Trusted

I dig it. Great music video.

20. Mélange

Regular

These four songs are the best songs they've put out in a decade (besides Madness). I've felt nothing for their last three albums (again, besides Madness), but I'm excited for this.

Here's hoping somewhere on this album there is loud distorted guitaring.

21. SoundscapeMN

Regular

great track. I'm getting a bit more optimistic about this record, and also how it may be a love letter to the 80's in some ways.

22. beachdude

Another song called Pressure leaked... I think I like this one actually.

23. stars143

Trusted

Fun song.

beachdude likes this.
  24. Matt

Wow i love the opening track. I’m actually excited to hear the rest of this now

25. Matt

Loved it. I’m so surprised! Still don’t like Dig Down though