Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Muse Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Growing up, I always considered Muse my favorite band. I got into them after Absolution came out, and that continues to be my favorite album of all time. Their music has definitely gone downhill since then, but I will still see them live any chance I get.

I have my fingers crossed that one day they will make another critically acclaimed album.

ideini and kidwithhelmet like this.
  2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Still one of those best live shows I've ever seen. I saw them on the Resistance tour when they had the three pillars, and it was unbelievable.

kidwithhelmet and KidLightning like this.
  3. Matt

That was a great tour. I was lucky enough to get a ticket to their club show at the Webster Hall in 2015. It was truly unbelievable to see them in that small of a room, I'm still not over it.

Joe4th likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Big Freeze is an underrated song.

5. Matt

It's pretty much a U2 song but I enjoy it. I've been going back and listening through all the albums again, The 2nd Law is probably my least favorite but I love Chris' songs towards the end.

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, that was my first Muse album and I don't like a lot of it. There are some songs like Supremacy that hint at what could've been if the theatrics were reigned in a bit.

7. Matt

looks like we may be getting a new album this year

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. Matt

9. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Prestigious

Is there a chance the song tomorrow is any good?

Feel free to lie to me and say yes.

10. oh god I have suspicions that this is going to be utter shit. and I say this as someone who was on board up until and including The 2nd Law.

11. Matt

My expectations are pretty low but hey, maybe it'll at least be a fun song

12. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I have high expectations. I may be one of the only people on this site that LOVES every album

13. Problem I have with Muse these days is their total lack of self-awareness and restraint. Live it's no problem because it's what they do, but on record? Stop with the bloated arrangements and concept album fuckery and just write good songs for fuck's sake. Dial it back and show everyone who's seen you become a punchline that you're better than that. Of course, this is also a band with the planet-sized ego of Matt Bellamy in it. The guy's undeniably talented but has let it go to his head and their albums have suffered as a result.

ideini and kidwithhelmet like this.
  14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

15. Matt

hmmmm idk

16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This isn't very good

17. fixius

Regular Supporter

Song feels like Madness 2.0 to me. Same sort of build up, guitar solo leading into a fuller last chorus.

18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Don't you mean Madness 3.0? The 2.0 was Dead Inside haha

19. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This is #inspirational

20. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

Bringing this thread back to life! Found this live version of "Darkshines" and I thought I should share this with you.. This song deserves more recognition

Enjoy!

21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Still one of the bands I really need to see even though I'm not the biggest fan of them.

knstadin likes this.
  22. Matt

It's so fucking good

knstadin likes this.
  23. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

Thank god "Drones" proved they still have it in them, "Globalist" and "Aftermath" were that "old-school-Citizen-Erased epic-type-of-songs" which I personally prefer over these "Madness" clones or Dead Inside/Undisclosed Desires pop-formula.

Matt likes this.
  24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

stars143 likes this.
  25. manoverboard365

Trusted

I like the new single. Certainly better than Dig Down.