Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Muse Wanna Levitate on Stage With Magnets

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Muse talked with Music Week about how they wanna use magnets on stage during their next tour so they can levitate:

Asked what his biggest challenge is, he said: “It is ridiculous, but trying to dream up something more adventurous is always our challenge, where does the next bolt of lightning come where you capture the essence of it and trying to put it into a record or a tour, it’s definitely my permanent challenge.

“We want to do a stage made of magnets so the band can levitate on other magnets. It’s those questions that keep me awake every night of my life. If there are any magnet technicians out there, please come and see me because that’s what we’re trying to achieve.”

Magnets!

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Insane Clown Posse is immediately confused.

Robk, cybele, beachdude42 and 3 others like this.
  3. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

4. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Magnets!

6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Haha I'm glad the first 2 posts on a Muse thread is about ICP.

7. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Maybe a little too ambitious, but Muse has some of the best live production I will probably ever see in my life. The level of creativity behind the 2nd Law Tour as well as the Drones Tour was unreal.

Joe4th and StoJa9 like this.
  8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

This is so Spinal Tap

Joel Gustafson likes this.
  9. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I saw these guys 10 years ago and thought their show was fucking phenomenal. Good to know they never want to stop.

10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

11. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Everybody beat me to the ICP jokes...totally my first thought...

And these guys kill...I remember being blown away by their guitars with synth/effects triggers build it and I spent months trying to build the same thing. Failed.

12. transrebel59

Regular

If there's a band that can get this done, it would be Muse. I saw them perform on three fucking towers that lowered into the ground.

13. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Holy shit .... Yes!!! They never cease to amaze live, and I'm glad to hear they are trying to push further and further, even though every time I think they can't possibly top whatever they currently do live.

14. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Wouldn't this mean they'd have to play to backing tracks? I mean, all those magnets (which would have to be pretty strong) would mess with their guitar/bass strings and pickups... right?

I remember some thing that was on MTV with Limp Bizkit. Wes Borland wanted to wear a suit that was completely covered in lights or something (I don't remember specifically what was on the outfit) but every time he'd put his guitar on it would cause crazy feedback.

15. Imgur Image

GetUpAndrew and TrailerParkJesus like this.
  16. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Exactly what came to my mind immediately!

Mary V likes this.
  17. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Oh wow, I remember that haha. It was some behind-the-scenes special on their tour for Chocolate Starfish, I think. I also remember there was some problem with the cage they put up separating the band from the audience. God, they were stupid sometimes.