Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Muse / Thirty Seconds To Mars / PVRIS Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Oh goodness, that 30 Sec set is awful. I am a huge fan of the first 2 albums and fair weather on the last two. That set is a terrible selection. At least they got a Metallica cover in there though.......I wonder if they could pull it off.

Muse set is pretty good, I think Take a Bow should be always be a staple though :-)

2. TMS2787

Trusted

Their setlists have been like that for a long time now. I was a HUGE fan, I'm still a fan but about midway through the A Beautful Lie-cycle when they started getting popular they kept cutting more and more self-titled stuff now. And they've seemed to do that with ABL now. The Metallica covers aren't sung or full song either.

3. Davjs

Trusted

Everything you just said disappointed me lol. Shame, the band has talent too. I'm super glad I saw them tour ABL when it dropped, that set was really awesome and mixed in the first 2 perfectly.

I will say it's strange they only play The Kill now. I would figure at least From Yesterday and A Beautiful Lie would get played. I think Attack is a style they don't care for anymore.

4. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

That 30STM set is a joke. Do they always do The Kill acoustically? That would bum me out so much.

When I saw the Foo Fighters in 2007 it was incredible, but they played Everlong acoustic and it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth that I've never seen them rock out to it.

5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I saw 30 Seconds to Mars HEADLINE in 2011 and they only played 10 songs.

That band is total bullshit.

joe.boy.fresh. and estacey99 like this.
  6. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

yikes.

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yeah it's a real bummer that their sets are so weak now

8. Kristen

Regular

I only stayed for Pvris during the Austin show Saturday. It was just starting to get crowded when they finished up. They played well despite it sounding like a speaker blew out at one point. I personally would've changed the set list though. I wouldn't have opened with Half (new song and the studio version isn't out).

I would've played

St. Patrick (that song is too much of a jam not to play in my opinion)
    Smoke
    You and I
    Fire or White Noise ( I prefer WN)
    Heaven
    My House

I love watching them play every time though and Lynn sounded great. Makes me more pumped to see them in Oct. with a bunch of new songs!

9. TMS2787

Trusted

I guess I'm going to go to this tomorrow. I really have had an itching to see 30STM since this started. And it's been seven years, so… I guess since I get into the pavilion for $20 I'm in. I have seen Muse twice previously and both of those shows where great so it'll be worth the hour and 45 minute drive after work. I hope I can get there in time to catch a part of PRVIS.

10. TMS2787 Aug 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 2, 2017)
    TMS2787

Trusted

Muse blew me away last night. I've been to a little over 40 shows this year and so far they easily put on the three best shows / set I have seen, tied with U2 and John Mayer. I had seen them in 2006 at The Agora Theater (which is around a 2,000 cap smaller theater) and The Bamboozle 2007. I can remember both shows I thought they where great but I forgot about great of a show they actually put on. The whole show is loud, riveting, and effective with a ton of great imagery. The talent of the band is fully on display when they play live, they have figured out how to translate their music live and they do it almost flawlessly.

Thirty Seconds To Mars was the reason I went to the show in the first place, I am a bigger fan of 30STM as opposed to Muse and I won't even try to say they are a better live band because they aren't. But they still put on a damn fun show. I had seen them 15 times between 2005-2010 and since then the shows have changed a little bit but Jared still knows how to work the crowd into a frenzy, he talks... a lot but it's entertaining. When he is singing he can still wail and sounds good. I do wish he would've talked a little less and they could've done another song or two but after seeing them for the first time in seven years I was just glad to see them live again. They where the first band I really traveled multiple places to see, I have a lot of good memories tied to and with the band. Jared said that the new single and album are "coming anyday now" which could mean in two years but I'm looking forward to the next album and touring cycle to get to catch them a few more times.

I missed PRVIS completely because of The drive / traffic / road construction. Which sucked because I would have liked to catch at least half of their set. I am not familiar with their music but having seen the lead on the LGBTQ Panel last month during The APMA Fan Day it made me curious to see them. I also missed the first song of 30STM due to the parking lot taking forever to get into.

Overall, I really enjoyed the show and had a great great time. I got a middle pavilion, dead center seat for $25 so it was well worth the time, money and drive.

redwing91007 and DejaMoi like this.
  11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Sounds like a fun show! Did 30STM play anything new?

12. TMS2787

Trusted

They didn't play a new song, which by looking at the setlists I thought that they are playing it. Bascially Shannon & Tomo play a bit, a track plays in the background and Jared asks the crowd if they want to be on their new song / single and had the crowd do the whooo-ooos. That was all. Lol. I think they played seven songs in full.

EDIT: Eight songs, lol.