Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Muse Announce New Album; Share New Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Muse will release Simulation Theory on November 9th. Today they’ve debuted the video for “The Dark Side” and pre-orders are now up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0UWT0dFSQE

[​IMG]

Track Listing

1. Algorithm
    2. The Dark Side
    3. Pressure
    4. Propaganda
    5. Break It To Me
    6. Something Human
    7. Thought Contagion
    8. Get Up and Fight
    9. Blockades
    10. Dig Down
    11. The Void

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I guess Matt Bellamy's ego can fit on an album cover.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Leaning on the space thing more than ever, eh?

4. Pretty cool video.

I kinda wish I could still enjoy Muse, but it just kills me how Matt Bellamy can only write one melody -- which he continues to do over and over again.

5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Hey if you are going to go for something, go all in lol. I'm intrigued.

6. Ska Senanake

Trusted

LOL. First 3 albums are soooooo good. Especially Absolution

7. Yeah, but I haven't liked anything since Black Holes and Revelations.

latortuga and CMilliken like this.
  8. transrebel59

Regular

I called this a while ago but top 40 music is going to be filled with Outrun/synthwave production by next spring. The Midnight will probably be the first band in that genre to really break out. Half of their tour is already sold out and they've only played 3 shows before.

9. BradBradley

Regular

I really, really hope this is good. Even on their later albums, I’ve found a lot to love... until Drones. I just could not get into it. At. All. Everything on it sounded like something they had done ten times better earlier in their discography. I can’t even say that I hated the album; it was just so generic to me. That might even be a worse insult. At least if they really went for something different and missed, I could applaud ambition. Instead, it felt like an hour of Muse doing a lackadaisical impression of themselves.

10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

This track is not nearly as bad as the previously released singles.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  11. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Muse took too hard a turn for me after Black Holes. First few albums are amazing, but I really can’t get into much after (resistance is a solid track).

12. SPine

Trusted

I agree. Muse was a favorite of mine until Drones. I saw the 2nd Law tour when I was like 19 or 20. It was one of the best shows I've ever been to. I just can't seem to get into anything they've released since

BradBradley likes this.
  13. BradBradley

Regular

I love [most of] The 2nd Law! I love The Resistance too, although closing it out with the three parts of Exogenesis: Symphony was never going to be a massive crowd pleaser. Which is fine! I didn’t revisit those tracks very often, but at the time it felt like an interesting decision. One way or the other, massively popular with old/new fans or not, I never felt like I would hear a boring Muse album... until Drones. I have my fingers crossed!