Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Murder On The Orient Express (Kenneth Branagh, November 10th,2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 31, 2017.

1. Dodge725

Trusted

Both. It just felt like a finger to the audience in idea and a super exposition heavy explanation that didn’t feel earned.

2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

that makes me sad. oh well...at least you all got my expectations low enough where now i might be pleasantly surprised

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

That's how it is in the book too, so it'll be interesting to hear what the people who have read it think

4. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Overall I enjoyed this, no the conclusion isn't the best but I felt I got plenty out of it up until that point. Hopefully we get another film which rectifies any of the flaws which there are fewer than I expected.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Just wanted to say that since February, I've loved reading your brief movie reviews. I kind of check your weekly recaps like I would a blog. Got any plans for stuff you want to hit before the year is over? I know you said you might not be able to keep up the pace but I appreciate what you've done so far

secretsociety92 likes this.
  6. secretsociety92

I plan on watching The Godfather trilogy and maybe fit the Nightmare on Elm Street series in but anything else is mostly going to be unplanned, this week's post will be up later and I appreciate the feedback. Nice to know someone is reading hahah.

7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This was decent.

8. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Trailer looked great. Hoping to catch this during the week

9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I enjoyed this, it’s not life changing or anything but perfectly entertaining and beautifully shot. Deserves a better RT rating.

secretsociety92 and coleslawed like this.
  10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

may head over and see this one tonight

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. secretsociety92

Surprised by how well this performed at the UK Box Office in its second weekend. Despite losing 382 theaters and Paddington 2 being released it only slipped by 11.6% which is great to see.

United Kingdom Box Office, November 10–12, 2017

aoftbsten likes this.
  12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Definitely no where near my favorite movie of the year, but I'm glad it's doing well.

Outside of Branagh, no one really gets a huge chance to shine (not uncommon with an ensemble cast). But I thought Daisy Ridley was solid in this, she really has a natural charm.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I guess technically more of a cinematic universe than a sequel

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This was a really fun movie, glad they might do another

15. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Not surprising

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

And cool

17. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I finally got a chance to see this. I really liked it

18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I think I remember you also being a big fan of the TV show Whodunnit? too right?

19. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Watched this afternoon.

I expected to love this and didn't but liked it enough to watch it again. I was disappointed in how little drama/buildup to the solution there was.

Also I feel like I knew this ending before even watching but I think I've seen the 70s one and listened to the Audiobook so maybe that's why?

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

aoftbsten and Mrplum5089 like this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Good cast

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The first one was solid and this cast is enough for me to come a second time around.

awakeohsleeper and Colby Searcy like this.
  24. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Nice

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

watched this the other night. mostly adequate, very little else

airik625 likes this.