Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Murder On The Orient Express (Kenneth Branagh, November 10th,2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 31, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

A lavish trip through Europe quickly unfolds into a race against time to solve a murder aboard a train. Everyone's a suspect as Detective Hercule Poirot sifts through 13 strangers to find the killer before another person ends up dead.

cast: Kenneth Branagh, Michelle Pfeiffer, Penelope Cruz, Daisy Ridley, Josh Gad, Judi Dench, Willem Dafoe, Johnny Depp, Olivia Colman, Leslie Odom Jr., Derek Jacobi

[​IMG]
    trailer tomorrow

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Hope we get a trailer soon.

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Great cast. Hopefully this is good and leads to more Christie adaptations

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i tell my friends all the time. they need to start making MORE MYSTERIES! (mainstream mysteries)

5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Identity feels like it was recent but damn that was like 15 years ago

airik625 and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  6. michael_gatto

Trusted

Fuck, this cast with Branagh at the helm is so exciting. Also so excited to see Ridley in a non Star Wars role.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

No idea why you would use an Imagine Dragons song in that.

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This will be worth it to see Branagh play Poirot alone, not even to mention the rest of the case. Looking forward to it.

10. michael_gatto

Trusted

Looks interesting, but agreed on the weird placement of Imagine Dragons. Why are they the go to trailer band now?

11. Interesting premise and great cast.

12. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Wow. what a cast..... intense.

13. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

This went from off my Radar to top 3 most anticipated movies of the rest of the year for me.

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I remember reading the book ages ago, but I honestly can't remember how the mystery unfolds. So given the incredible cast and the ending likely to still be a surprise for me, I'm excited for this.

15. This looks awesome, totally on board

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

popdisaster00 and aoftbsten like this.
  17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Oh shit, didn't even know this was a thing. What an insane cast, very excited for this.

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Do I read the book first or watch this? Always a tough call with a murder mystery. I've been working my way through Agatha Christie novels - I love them! Genius.

19. marceting

Trusted

Somewhat positive reviews, lots of negatives reviews if you've read the book

20. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

im disappointed at the reviews and have a feeling this will bomb... which depresses me because mystery is my favorite genre...a genre we get almost NONE OF these days.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. marceting

Trusted

I'll watch! :)

22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Went to movies tonight and forgot this was coming out this weekend. Gonna try to catch it in the next couple of days.

23. Dodge725

Trusted

The ending sucks. It was good until the reveal of who did it and then went straight downhill.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Did you have a problem with it in concept or execution?

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It doesn't help that the movie was more concerned about its visuals (which are spectacular) and Branagh's performance over the actual mystery.

suicidesaints likes this.