Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Murder by Death- LP9 (Summer 2021)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, May 1, 2020.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Figured I'd make a new thread since this kickstarter will get you a super limited edition for the next album. They are consistently the best band making music today. Went with the LP, shirt, poster combo. Would have done one of the shows, but I'm worried about how touch and go everything is right now.

Murder By Death: Limited Merch & Apocalypse Rummage Sale

2. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I went with the LP. I already have a ton of MBD posters, but I was still tempted by that one. Hopefully one day my 20th anniversary show still happens.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I feel weird about that set list. I've probably seen them about 15 times now and the set list is never very different. The 20 year shows seem to be more of the same with two or three deep cuts. I don't feel like I'm missing much bailing on this one.

Would still love to do the cave or hotel shows just for the atmosphere. Seeing them on a ferry was one of the best concert experiences of my life.

Holy hell. They went over their goal in under 1.5 hours.

ryan murphy and Argus like this.
  4. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I got to see them in a barn last year, and it was easily one of my best show experiences. I'd love to attend one of the cave shows!

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This could hit a quarter million in under 24 hours. Ya love to see it.

KidLightning likes this.
  6. I haven’t listened to this band in probably a decade, might have to change that today.

7. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Big Dark Love is easily one of my favorites of theirs, I recommend checking that album out at least.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Oh geez. Guess I'm doing this.

I think In Bocca is the one I feel strangest about. I liked the album, but got tired of it quick. Stopped listening to them for years after that until Good Morning Magpie. That ended up being my album of the year. Regretted missing out on Red of Tooth and Claw so much. That album is pretty much perfect.

I like Big Dark Love a lot but the tone on it makes it hard to listen to often. Its just so gloomy and whatnot.

Bitter Drink is just perfect front to back. The first time I heard I Came Around I was reminded of everything I love about this band.

I don't want the new record to sound like anything before. I'm so ready for it. The chances they took on the last record make me feel like we'll get something special again. Can't even tell you how often I have Space and I have Arrived stuck in my head.

Bitter Drink Bitter Moon
    Red of Tooth and Claw
    The Other Shore
    Who Will Survive
    Good Morning Magpie
    Big Dark Love
    In Bocca
    Like The Exorcist

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They sold out of everything but t shirt / poster combos. Truly the best fanbase.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  10. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I've never met anyone who has even heard of them in my day-to-day life, but they have such a devoted following. Their shows always sell out here almost immediately.

11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

SteveLikesMusic and TomG like this.
  12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Very stoked for the Xmas album

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter