Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mumford and Sons - Delta (November 16, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Sep 20, 2018.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Damn they’re good live

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah they were great. Always good live. The Wolf is their best song

beachdude likes this.
  3. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

I'm looking forward to seeing them in February. This album is finally starting to click with me.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

do they still play with all of them standing up in the front of the stage, or do they play like a regular band now?

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

A regular band I guess

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

My friends sending me pics of the show right now at MSG and the set up looks pretty cool. Looks like the stage is in the center of the floor with platforms leading near the seats on the side.

Also I still haven't listened to this album aside from the first single. I gotta get around to this.

7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

For me Delta shook out to be a LOOONG album with about an EP's worth of good content.

8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I really still like or love about half this album. Unfortunately the other half is mostly just competent background music. I really think with a shorter tracklist and more refinement to some tracks, this could've gotten a lot of acclaim, because at its most interesting this album really does take the band in some cool and unexpected new directions. But as it stands, it's definitely a case of potential not fully utilized for me.

Brother Beck likes this.
  9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I really do think if this album was more consistent and concise, it could've gotten considerable critical acclaim. There really is the potential for a GREAT album in here, and it's a shame it doesn't consistently reach those heights.

Brother Beck likes this.
  10. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I agree with all of your points in the last two posts. My only thought is on the refinement thing, because I get the feeling listening to this that they overworked it in the studio. Like they were victims of their own mega success in that I think spending months and months and months in the studio with a superstar producer hurt these songs and this album. I could be dead wrong on this, but most of these songs strike me as over-refined. The biggest example of this would be the change from when they first started playing "Forever" to the wet fart of a song that ultimately ended up on the album.

It sucks, because I think there is a massive amount of musical space between just playing acoustic stringed instruments and making the kind of pop music that Paul Epworth specializes in that they leave unexplored. I still think they took a lot of the criticisms that people lobbed at them after their early massive success too much to heart.

11. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Last summer we made a film for the new record and only just realized it's gone up on YouTube. It was a fun adventure getting the band to Clingstone House in the middle of the water in Rhode Island.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Apparently studio version of "Blind Leading The Blind" is being released in the coming weeks. Not sure if it's just that song or some sort of EP though... I'm pretty excited because the studio snippets and all the live versions of this song have been great. I'm sorta hoping for an EP of other Delta tracks that didn't make the cut.

13. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Studio version of "Blind Leading The Blind". Should have made the cut for Delta no question.

macbethfan and beachdude like this.
  14. BoldTitan

Trusted

Definitely better than just about all of Delta

macbethfan likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

16. Good riddance to this Nazi piece of shit.

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah fuck that loser

18. manoverboard365

Trusted

Been totally out of the loop with this band for a while now. Scanned through that post and saw the words "far right" and "Far left." Sounds like I got some catching up to do!

Is this the member who's dating Amanda Seyfreid?

coleslawed likes this.
  19. irthesteve

Phantoms and Craig Manning like this.
  20. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Blake Mills is the bomb. Very intrigued to hear this.

21. irthesteve

22. irthesteve

Am I losing it or is this song actually kinda cool

23. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

definitely their most interesting song since “Believe” IMO. I dig that they actually went full pop on this as opposed to dancing in the middle ground of not being bluegrass type instrumentation anymore but also not doing anything remotely interesting on the pop song composition side of things either

24. BoldTitan

Trusted

I just don’t understand why they don’t go back to what they were great at. Everything since Wilder Mind has been so uninspired and mediocre.