Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mumford and Sons - Delta (November 16, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Sep 20, 2018.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah I don't necessarily think they're like alt right torchbearers but it's definitely dumb to post pictures with such a dickhead. "Engaging in conversation" vs. being used as a publicity tactic for an extremely harmful viewpoint are two different things. Speak to the guy in private.

2. BoldTitan

Trusted

I'm wondering how much of this album will feature acoustic instruments. Very interesting to see they got the Adele producer. I wonder what effects that will have on the album.

beachdude likes this.
  3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Granted, I am not a big fan of social media in general, but I think if I were 'engaging in conversation' with someone who is known to hold some very hateful views that I do not share I would be sure not to post pics of us hanging out in our studio all chummy chummy like best buds.

They can do whatever they want, but I do think they are being a tad disingenuous and obtuse in not recognizing that posting pretty intimate looking pics where you're hanging out with someone in the studio and leaning on each other means a certain thing in this day and age.

4. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Babel is great, you all are crazy

I like but don’t love the song. Kind of a weird choice for a lead single.

beachdude and BoldTitan like this.
  5. BoldTitan

Trusted

beachdude likes this.
  6. In which case they can fuck off into the sea

lettersandnumbers likes this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Sorry ya'll, went back to Wilder Mind today and whooooff is it a slog of an album

StreetSpirit likes this.
  8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

It's funny, because I revisited it last night too and for me it was better than I remember. I like 10 out of the 12 songs. I don't think they needed to lean quite so hard into the electronic / alt-rock angle though. I think the album would have been vastly improved had they worked that new style into their prior asthetic a little more.

That, and leaving the song "Forever" off of the album was a HUGE mistake. For me that's one of their best songs. They stated it ultimately didnt quite fit the feel of the album, but to my mind that means maybe you need to rethink what the rest of the album is going for.

earthlight likes this.
  9. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Man, I don't agree at all. I love that record. "Broad Shouldered Beasts", "Wilder Mind", "Monster", "Only Love", "Snake Eyes" and "Ditmas" are all classics for me. In fact, just letting that record play from start to finish is one of my favorite things to do. It's in my top 5 or maybe 10.

10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

This I agree with. I wish they would at least record it.

11. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

With that being said, I think I have a different view of Mumford than most, including the hardcore fans, and I respect that. I didn't really get into their earlier, folkier music aside from a few songs here and there. "Wilder Mind" is the only album of theres I listen to consistently, and I love it and hold it dearly. If they went back to their older sound, I would respect that and understand that most of their fans would be stoked about it.

12. StreetSpirit

play the blues, punk Supporter

When the first single for WM came out, I was kind of bored by it, but interested to see what kind of band they could be outside of the insufferable folk affectation they’d adopted for themselves to that point (it should go without saying that folk music can be done extremely, transcendently well, their particular brand of it just was not for me at all). Turns out they’re still boring doing half baked arena rock, and are probably just a mediocre band. Sometimes a spade’s a spade.

13. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I'm a big fan of these guys and I'm eagerly anticipating the release of Delta.

14. jordanjohnson09

Regular

looks like they crashed ticketmaster verified fan for now

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I still hate this band for the sole reason that they robbed Some Nights of the Album of the Year Grammy. (And if it wasn't going to fun. it should've at least gone to Frank Ocean). That is all, everyone carry on.

(I'll give the song a listen soon.)

16. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah imo Frank deserved that award easily... but we all know the Grammys are more of a popularity contest than anything.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Not in on this new single either.

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Larry David and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  19. jordanjohnson09

Regular

liking this a little more than I thought I would. really disliked "if I say"

20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I listened to this one time through on my drive in to work. I liked the first 6 or 7 songs, and I really liked the closer "Delta" a lot. There's a stretch of songs like 2/3's of the way through the album though where the songwriting felt weak and it seemed like they leaned very hard into the overproduction to make up for it. Granted this is all off one listen and the songs could grow on me, but I actually ended up skipping forward to the next song 2 or 3 times.

The version of "Forever" on here is really bad though, which is a huge bummer for me. I had been looking forward to a studio version of that song for a long time. Completely killed what was a great song. Took a song that was epic and had power and made it weak and schmaltzy and boring as all hell. Probably doesn't help that this low-energy version is the 13th song on a 14 song album and I felt like I had already been listening to the album for an hour or so by that point.

I am obviously going to listen some more and see how I feel, but after one listen, for me, dropping a few of the mid-album songs and swapping in the live arrangement of "Forever" from a couple years ago and "Blind Leading The Blind" would have made this a very solid album.

21. Syre Dream

Regular

Only gotten through 4 songs so far but I love Beloved a lot.

22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Just started this. Worried about the length.

23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Well, it is definitely a very long album at 62 minutes, which I don't necessarily mind in and in and of itself, but I felt that length big time because only about ⅔ of this album works for me. 10 out of 14 songs isn't bad though I guess. Makes an album right there.

I am very excited at their talk of more music soon though, be that some of the rumoured 35 tracks they cut with Epworth or more stuff from the studio in early 2019. Maybe get a few more top quality tracks.

24. 62 minutes lolololololol

25. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Why the hell is this thing so long?

Carrow likes this.