Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mumford and Sons - Delta (November 16, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Sep 20, 2018.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I really liked their last one. Probably just me talking about it

beachdude, earthlight and Larry David like this.
  2. BoldTitan

Trusted

Sigh No More is a top 3 album for me. I actually did really enjoy Babel. Wasn't a huge fan of Wilder Mind, but their live shows were good.

This one sounds like they sprinkled a little of their oldness in, but still sounds like Mumford 2.0. wish they would have done a course correction but I can understand why they didn't.

Hopefully we get some good ones.

3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

BoldTitan likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Last album sucked, but this song is actually kinda cool

5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Sigh No More was great. Babel was not. Wilder Mind was great.

Hoping the up/down trend doesn't continue

coleslawed likes this.
  6. zmtr

Trusted

This band doesn't deserve the meme-level amount of hate they get these days. I'll check this out.

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty good return to form; excited to hear the full album to see what direction they went

8. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Wilder Mind was the only one I really connected with but Ive liked all their releases. Here for this and agree that they get way too much hate.

Larry David likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Will definitely check this out. I really enjoyed Wilder Mind, and this band overall is definitely over-hated.

11. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Wilder Mind was an album that didn't completely grab me at first. It took time to settle in for me and now I love it. Really digging this new single immediately and stoked for the new album.

12. I’m not into that new song but I’ll give the album a once over.

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Wilder Mind was good. Excited to check out the new single.

beachdude and Larry David like this.
  14. Pumped. I really like Wilder Mind, especially the first half of the album. Looking forward to this.

beachdude and Larry David like this.
  15. Carrow Sep 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2018)
    oh good, Mumford and Sons have stopped palling around with fash for long enough to announce they're putting out an album this year because that's what everyone needs right now, another fucking Mumford and Sons record. I hope people aren't willing to just let them forget they were photographed with an actual neo-Nazi. I hope in vain because people will excuse their faves despite essentially everything. fuck these guys.

and to clarify I fucked with the first two albums heavily. Wilder Mind was fifth-rate stadium rock garbage. the whole Jordan Peterson thing has killed my interest in whatever these guys do and led to me actively resenting them.

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Digging this song.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wait, what?!

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Very bad look

19. ah yeah I was about to post that they ACTUALLY FUCKING DOUBLED DOWN on this. Trash behaviour.

20. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Wilder Mind is one of my favorite albums of all time. Every single song on there will always bring me back to a very difficult time in my life and how important that album was to me during those days.

The power of music, I guess.

I like the new song a lot.

21. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Mumford and Sons address their photo with Jordan B. Peterson | CBC Radio

They say multiple times that they don’t agree with what he says or believes in, and that they were interested in some of his psychological (?) work.

“I don't think that having a photograph with someone means you agree with everything they say. So I don't, really. Because then I wouldn't be able to have a photograph of anyone at risk of trying to offend anyone so I think I don't see the harm in engaging in conversation. And as I said earlier, primarily I'm interested in his psychological stuff, which I find very interesting. We love the opportunity to disagree and I think that's something that's at risk of being quashed to too much of an extent.”

beachdude likes this.
  22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I mean they’re downplaying how big of a piece of shit he is for sure

23. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Probably. But from an alternate angle if they truly are doing it to engage in conversation, who cares? Their vibe seems to be “nobody else wants to try to have a productive conversation, so we figured we would try.” Which I don’t necessarily mind. Ultimately I don’t think it speaks negatively to their character.

coleslawed and beachdude like this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I can't believe that he's married to Dianna Agron and just casually listening to Jordan Peterson

Also seeing these things as vague psychological concepts that can be debated is the whole issue, it's people's lives

Power: There will be Mumford and Sons fans who would be trans, who would articulate themselves perhaps as feminists, who would define themselves non-binary, who may have opinions that would be incredibly contrary to Jordan Peterson's, and you saw that in how people were posting about it online and in the reaction to this photo that went online. Aren't you worried that posting a photo like this, or having a photo like this come out, could alienate those fans?

Marshall:I don't think that having a photograph with someone means you agree with everything they say. So I don't, really. Because then I wouldn't be able to have a photograph of anyone at risk of trying to offend anyone so I think I don't see the harm in engaging in conversation. And as I said earlier, primarily I'm interested in his psychological stuff, which I find very interesting.

OhTheWater likes this.