Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MTV Launching Lots of Podcasts and Cribs Is Coming Back

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

MTV has been doing some re-tooling. The latest announcements are that they’ll be bringing back “MTV Cribs” … on Snapchat … and that they have joined the podcasting game in a big way:

The podcasts will record in both New York and Los Angeles, and will be available via iTunes, Spotify and SoundCloud. More podcasts will be announced at a later date. They include: “Skillset with Amy Nicholson.” a film podcast featuring the critic in the title; “No Requests Live,” a weekly music and pop culture roundtable; “The Stakes,” a weekly political magazine; “North Mollywood,” featuring Molly Lambert and Alex Pappademas offering the California view of pop culture; and “Speed Dial with Ira & Doreen,” in which Ira Madison III and Doreen St. Felix host a bi-coastal program that tackles music, pop culture, sex and race.

So far, I’ve gotta say I’ve been really impressed with what they’ve put together. I still find their website to be an abomination, but the content and writing has been top notch.

2. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

If only they would bring back Pimp My Ride...

3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Didn't it come out that most of the Cribs episodes were fake? Meaning, the celebrity didn't live there or didn't own that many cars?

4. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Wow what a tool that dude is

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  5. Tom Lee

Regular

Meredith Graves (Perfect Pussy) has recently become a host on MTV too. Interesting for sure.

6. zachff

deadformat.net/collection/zachff Prestigious

What is James Montgomery up to these days?

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah a lot of the properties and cars were rented for the show

8. justinbullock

Formerly Juice182

interested in "no requests live"

9. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

nothing will top redman's crib episode

Osceola13 likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Writes for Rolling Stone.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Not sure if it's mentioned in those links or not - but surprised to see it wasn't in the main post on here - but they also announced they're bringing back Unplugged this Fall.

12. Excited for the return of Unplugged for sure. Would be cool to see MTV return to being the force it used to be in breaking new artists.

13. Jacob Davidson

Regular

I stopped paying attention to MTV after they did like 4 minutes of programming then 7 minutes of commercials for other programs.

Raku likes this.
  14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I love Amy Nicholson, will listen.

15. I'm intrigued by a few of those podcasts for sure.

16. Raku

Regular

Seems like MTV is really trying to bring back its glory days...

Although I am wondering how this plays out. Could it be too little too late? Or will this be a success for them?

I did that when all tv stations started doing that (and I'm pretty sure that aspect ratio of programming to commercials is worse now)