Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 64

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Having just finished this, I highly highly recommend watching it even with that spoiler.

RyanPm40 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  2. RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

This only works if you let go too

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I do regret not doing a full rewatch before watching season 4. There was a lot that I had forgot, even after watching a recap on the first 3. But yeah. Awesome season and awesome show. I already wanna rewatch the whole thing lol.

trevorshmevor and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Ryan already answered, but I want to second that it's reaaalllyyy not a big spoiler. It won't ruin the show at all, it would hardly hurt that season. Highly recommend watching if you're interested. It's a wild ride.

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I actually guessed it myself without being spoiled when I was watching the first season lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Some Fight Club influences felt like it made it a bit obvious. I wasn't 100% sure until the reveal but it was in the back of my mind as a possibility

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I haven’t been able to get the airport scene with Dom and Darlene with CRJ “Run Away With Me” out of my head since I finished the series.

Garrett, neo506 and SpyKi like this.
  9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

So I finally watched the rest of this after not continuing with it for season 2 for some reason and my god was it amazing. I thought the show just kept getting better and better, the final season is one of the best I've ever seen. Truly incredible show. I'm kind of glad I didn't keep up with it as it was coming out because I feel like it was made to binge watch.

10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Since this got bumped, S4 is on Prime now

I might rewatch the whole thing soon

12. soggytime

Trusted

I'm finally getting around to watching Season 4 now that it's on Prime. That dialogue free heist episode is masterful, and way more impressive than season 3's "all in one take" heist.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

It's been so long since I finished season 3 that I decided to just start this from the beginning. Glad I did, totally forgot about a lot of these characters.

14. SpyKi

I binged it in like a week and I feel like it's the best way to watch the show. Keeps everything fresh in your mind.

soggytime and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  15. Watching it relatively quickly is definitely necessary. Taking year+ long breaks between seasons, which is normal for most shows, for some reason seemed to be a big pitfall for most people I know IRL that tried this show when it was on air.

As far as episode to episode though, seasons 3 and 4 have multiple episodes that benefit the show by letting just marinate for a few days

SpyKi likes this.
  16. soggytime

Trusted

Season 2 really annoyed people because of its weekly basis. I can picture it working for a lot of folks turned off by the show then if they binged it

RyanPm40 and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. Yeah agree there. Season 2 raises a ton of questions much quicker than it answers them, that one’s probably best just to blow through

18. SPine

Trusted

I’ve watched S1, 3, and 4 twice but haven’t gone back to season 2. I’m looking out for a Black Friday sale for the blu ray box set. Planning a full rewatch during the winter months.

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I agree that this show works better binged, but I actually really enjoyed the week to week discussion. It was fun trying to guess where this was going

It's a shame so many people won't give the show a chance, the last two seasons are some of the best TV I've ever seen.

soggytime, RyanPm40 and trevorshmevor like this.
  20. Pseudo!

Regular

I still feel disappointed about the way most of the side characters were handled. Elliott's story was handled so masterfully that it really makes everyone else's arcs seem so haphazard in comparison. But I haven't seen anyone share similar sentiments so maybe it's just me

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Gona tag my response to that just cause it looks like some new people are watching now. I think that’s intentional. A lot of people were just that, side characters/pawns, it’s not surprising that a lot of them got killed off unceremoniously or didn’t achieve anything great. I think it’s more real that way.

I personally love what they did with Tyrell. Dude was a loser from the start and got played hard. Him limping off into the woods to die alone after all he sacrificed is beautifully brutal.

22. Agreed. I still don't completely understand the whole purple light & dying animal sounds thing, but I really don't feel the need to. It works on its own without any symbolism.

23. SpyKi

Honestly I loved how just about everything ended. Cant think of many more satisfying final seasons for me.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  24. I gave up on this midway through season 2 but if it’s streaming with no commercials maybe I’ll try it again.

25. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I've been watching this over the past year. I took a break at the beginning of the pandemic because it was just too bleak but I started watching again a few days ago. It's a really incredible show. Season two is by far the weakest so far, but I wouldn't call it bad - there's plenty of good in it, but it's frustrating at times. I'm over halfway through and it's honestly rivaling season one if it hasn't already surpassed it. Season 4 episodes 5 and 6 are two of the best episodes of the show.