Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 63

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I’m so pumped to finish the rest! The season premiered right when I was getting married and then I just never got around to it so glad to be finally experiencing it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Maverick

Trusted

I still can’t stop thinking about that finale from time to time.

trevorshmevor and Rowan5215 like this.
  3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

the last line of this show is the greatest final line/delivery I've ever seen in my life

mercury, JBoch and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Never thought about it until right now but 4 probably was the best season

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  5. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

S4 was about as good of a final season as Sam could have done. Stuck the landing, tied up a lot of loose ends, and continued being top-notch from a creativity/cinematography standpoint. Strong agree with everyone else who said 0407 is one of the best episodes of the series. IMDB has it tied for the 2nd best TV episode of all time!!

Edit: This video sums up 0407's greatness. Obv, spoiler alert.

mercury, trevorshmevor and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. I stand by saying every season is better than the last

SpyKi and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I never rewatch shit but now I feel like I need to

8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

This is definitely a great show for that since there are so many twists explained later on. It was a pretty neat experience going through it again and being like "Ohhh that makes SO much more sense now".

Also really cool to see how many seeds were planted as early as S1 that made their way back into S4

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’d probably go 4, 1, 3, 2.

I think S2 was easily the worst. Seasons 4&1 are super close and 3 was great too.

Fronnyfron and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

1, 3, and 4 are great. Imagine if Season 2 had more action and less filler in it

11. Never felt like s2 had filler to me. Definitely slowest burn of them all but I think it was very interesting to see for the first time how each character reacted when pushed into a corner. Darlene killed someone, Elliot risked his life to save children and stop the black market sale of weapons, Mr. Robot struggles for control, Trenton & Mobley immediately fold, we get introduced to Leon, Dom & CIA involvement. The whole “where is Tyrell” thing got a little old but the episode in season 3 that explains it is a huge payoff

This all said, I imagine watching it week to week was excruciating. Being able to binge likely gave me a very different perspective on it

12. RyanPm40

Yeah, S2 was really slow watching it live, but on rewatch, I absolutely loved it

Hell, it introduced us to Leon and had a couple episodes with Craig Robinson. I'm cool with that.

13. S1 is solid but is my least favorite because of how much of it, in retrospect, just feels like a bunch of seeds. Literally just setting the stage for the rest of the show to happen. Also I know they were still finding their footing from a production standpoint (like nearly any show would be in it's first season), but if I'm ranking the seasons, then I can't ignore that it's easily my least favorite looking one. Like if I tried to sell someone on the artistic vision that this show is, I don't think the first 10 episodes of this show would be very convincing haha

SpyKi and Rowan5215 like this.
  14. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

the first half of S2 is borderline bad and just terribly written imo (the entire Craig Robinson arc, much as I like having him on my screen, was dreadful) but the second half of that season is phenomenal. the episode without Elliott, where Darlene kills Susan Jacobs is incredible; same with the one right after where Trenton and Mobley disappear, just pure anxiety from the first second to the last. it was also a necessary transition from a more hacking-based show into the real character-driven show it became

15. RyanPm40

I Am Mick, mercury and trevorshmevor like this.
  16. “Bonsoir Elliot” lmao

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched 4x05. That was intense. Loved all the infiltrating and hacking with Darlene and Elliot.

This shot was fucking sweet.

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Finished episode 8. 5 left that I’ll hopefully finish tomorrow. This show is something else.

Dirty Sanchez and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

409 ruled. Loved once they started hacking (even though I have no clue what most of the shit on the screens means) and the payoff.

RIP Phillip Price. Went out like a fucking badass. "All this over a little pipsqueak in a hoodie"

20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I just finished the finale.

Holy fuck.

JBoch, mercury, I Am Mick and 4 others like this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

So, I’m pretty sure I accidentally had this show spoiled for me in a major way while playing Jackbox over the weekend. Can someone who has seen the whole thing help and tell me just how much my experience might have been ruined?

22. RyanPm40

Which aspect was spoiled to you in general?

I don't want to further ruin anything for you, but I'm guessing it's probably the twist of the first season, which is a bummer, but it's still highly enjoyable knowing the twist, and there are 3 more insanely good seasons from there so it's not the worst. I still highly enjoyed my rewatch

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Possibly big spoilers for anyone watching, I have no idea. But warning just in case.

Mr. Robot being an “imaginary friend“.

If that’s the first season twist that’s not a huge deal, I was just super afraid it was the actual ending or something. Haven’t had something spoiled in such a random way in a very long time.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. RyanPm40

Ohh yeah that's what I thought. Yep, it's just a season 1 twist, and arguably a little predictable, though not entirely. There's another twist in that season that I thought was even less obvious that I'm not going to spoil :-p

But yeah don't worry, PLENTY of more twists and turns in the next 3 seasons

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Good, and thank you!

RyanPm40 likes this.