Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 62

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. The only parts I’ve been left struggling to understand a bit are

- how the Mastermind didn’t know who Darlene and Elliot’s father were in season 1. And apparently it’d happened before then too?

-how real Elliot had seemingly no issue living in the fake world where Darlene just flat out didn’t exist. Didn’t he wonder where she was, or why his life was suddenly totally different?

Jusscali likes this.
  2. Shout out to this, as much as I wish more watched this show, it’s been really cool having this little corner of Chorus just be occupied with like the same 10-15 people as opposed to thousands of randos yelling over each other on reddit haha

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Darlene was real Elliot’s anchor to the world, so Mastermind tried to erase her memory so real Elliot wouldn’t emerge.

therookielot and I Am Mick like this.
  4. Oh yeah, I get why she’s gone — I meant more like, wouldn’t real Elliot wake up in this fake world and, just like the Mastermind, be like yo wtf I had a sister where is she?

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Just finished watching the finale. What an ending. Even though at times it felt like I had no idea what was going on, I love how it kept me guessing. Still amazes me that a show like this aired on USA too. Props to everyone involved with the show over the four seasons.

RyanPm40 and Jusscali like this.
  6. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Probably the best ending of a series I’ve seen. Def gets my show of the decade

SteveLikesMusic and Jusscali like this.
  7. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I just loved this show so much. Very sad it's over but what a journey.

8. Sorry if this has been asked and I missed it. But.... does anyone think that we are the real Elliot? Think about Darlene’s last shot, that we never see the real Elliot, the fact that we weren’t “created” until around the time the Mastermind took over, etc.

Currently rewatching, s2e7 the Christian group therapist suggest when Elliot “goes away” to talk to someone (us), he’s talking to god, this is what got me thinking

9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I...would listen to that theory.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

But we've seen where real elliot has been and what he's seen (his *perfect world*) and he's completely shocked by the appearence of "our Elliot"(Mastermind). If mastermind had been talking to him all along, he wouldn't be shocked by any of the stuff in the finale. Right? I don't know.

Also has there been a definitive name scheme for all the Elliots because it's getting real confusing haha

11. The rationale I thought of for this is that:

- maybe Esmail is implying that the viewer is living in their own “perfect world”

- Mastermind is surprised by the stuff in the finale because he forgot that he was only a part of the Real Elliot and not the actual thing

- Real Elliot’s surprise in the finale would maybe be a manifestation of our own surprise as the viewer, watching a crazy twist ending unfold in front of us?

12. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I just want to know what reality we need to be in for this mfing show to get the recognition it deserves.

atticusfinch, RyanPm40 and Rowan5215 like this.
  13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

right? I know awards shows are bullshit anyway but Rami not winning for this season is fucking madness

atticusfinch and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Rami's acting in this show is literally some of the best I've ever seen in any medium

The guy that plays Vera deserves something for his last episode too

JBoch likes this.
  15. Having a lot of fun watching my girlfriend absolutely lose her shit at the reveal of a third personality in s4e2

mercury, Jusscali and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Just spent all week binging the final season for the first time. Bravo, Sam Esmail. Fucking incredible strong characters and storytelling.

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I wonder when S4 is coming to Prime!

18. Finished my rewatch a couple weeks ago and it was just as impactful as the first go round. Unbelievable, this show

JBoch and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. RyanPm40

I did my rewatch as soon as the big revelation of Elliot's father came in s4e7 to look for clues. Was such a good rewatch. I'm now wishing I waited until the whole show was complete haha. I need to do another rewatch now.

20. Finally getting into Comedy Central’s The Other Two. Having a good laugh at their portrayal of Justin Theroux’s apartment, where some of the main characters are temporarily living. Look familiar?

4D0C6FA2-A84D-4C92-9D71-2D6B8824E3E5.jpeg C742C00E-B61F-4A5D-8458-6C30B7ADF179.jpeg

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Ok sooooooo finally getting around to watching season 4 and just watched the first episode. Holy shit that was intense and I forgot how good this show is. The cinematography is so fucking good.

mercury, JBoch, Rowan5215 and 3 others like this.
  22. Rowan5215

you're in a for a wild ride

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

How would you all rank season 4 compared to the others?

Rowan5215 likes this.
  24. Rowan5215

on balance, my favourite season of the show. the Tyrell episode, episode 7 with Vera, Darlene/Dom episode and the finale are all up there with the greatest episodes of Mr. Robot. the only missteps for me were Olivia's whole storyline and the dialogue-free episode, which is a little too gimmicky. on the whole it's an absolutely jaw-dropping way to close out the show

SmithBerryCrunch and RyanPm40 like this.
  25. RyanPm40

Absolutely agree, even with the few missteps. I think S4E7 is the best episode this show has done. So emotionally powerful.

mercury, trevorshmevor and Rowan5215 like this.