Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Kind of wish I rewatched S1 before the premiere, I was pretty lost for a good portion of this haha

domotime2 and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

Can someone tell me who was on the other line on the red phone...I could barely hear it and I thought I knew who i was, but wasn't sure.

3. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

well the person said "Bonsoir Elliot" so you can probably make a good guess of who it was based on that.

4. VincewithoutheE Jul 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2016)
    I loved that pilot more after reading that theory (even if it's not true) and I really enjoyed the ending. Good start IMO. And also, I had no clue Craig Robinson was gonna be in this so that was a neat surprise.

Also really awesome to see this get some Emmy noms. It really was one of the best shows last year no doubt. I really only put it behind the 2nd season of the Leftovers.

5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

S2 premiere was a new ratings low for the show. But I doubt USA really cares about ratings for this show anymore considering it's the only show they have that'll get them any Emmys.

RuckerPark likes this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Kind of bummed I read the Prison theory because it actually seems pretty likely now and if that's the case I'm gona be bummed to know about it ahead of time.

7. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

That aftershow's final 15 minutes was brutal. Both callers were idiots, and the production team botched so much including the final 5 minutes. Woof. Do better, USA.

8. T.K.

Prestigious Browser Prestigious

Damn this show just continuously has fantastic music selection

joe727, junkmanserenade and JBoch like this.
  9. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I know it's already been taken care of earlier, but I think the piano cover of "Where is Your Mind" was a very clear nod to fight club.

Just watched the first two episodes and I loved it. I enjoy the prison theory but I'm unsure.

10. joe727

Yeah, i'm pretty sure Sam Esmail said he meticulously chooses every song in the series' soundtrack himself, that probably has alot to do why the the music choices in this are so good.

11. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

"Where is My Mind"

12. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

RuckerPark likes this.
  13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I only watched the first season for the first time a few weeks ago but I'm already itching to watch it again.

14. devenstonow

Noobie

15. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

What song is that which was played when Elliot was vomiting up the pills? It's from a movie but can't remember which one.

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Edit: Was it from the ending of The Truman Show?

18. joe727

I love Grace Grummer's character so far.

morgantayler and junkmanserenade like this.
  19. joe727

I usually dig Elliot's monologues in this show but his religion rant was a little too /r/atheism for me.

RyanPm40 and RuckerPark like this.
  20. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I feel like a lot of Elliot's rants and ideology are supposed to be taken that way. Very much immature, accusatory spiels that are used to support his pessimism and feeling of helplessness.

The motivations for F Society are the same, the impulsive castigation of society at large.

21. joe727 Jul 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2016)
    joe727

That Amazon Echo stuff was probably the best use of product placement i've ever seen in a tv show. In what could have been a typical meaningless product spot that would subvert the show's message, instead they actually used it as a plot device to highlight a character's loneliness. So perfect.

jkauf, dhayes, tucah and 2 others like this.
  22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone know where I can listen to the score (not the soundtrack)?

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think the prison theory is spot-on. Perhaps Esmail is doing this on purpose though - making it obvious - but the twist will be something even more unexpected.

24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Half hour until the VR thing.

25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

My only problem with it was how shocked the other people looked as if they had never heard those opinions. They were silent, as if they had no explanation, beginning to think "maybe he's right".

Christians hear that shit on the regular lol

joe727 and DeviantRogue like this.