Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 56

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I fully expected something to happen to Dom's plane at the end of the episode. Sam has conditioned our brains to think that death and heartbreak are around every corner.

RJ Knorr and trevorshmevor like this.
  2. I tend to think in a much more straightforward way than this show actually goes, but it makes sense to me that Olivia would come back in some capacity. That’s not to say I think Elliot necessarily deserves forgiveness for what he did. But I do think because the effects of his plan are so public now, one of them may reach out to another or something

3. flask

Trusted Supporter

Finally watched episode 10. Of all the shows to hear CRJ this was unexpected but also fantastic.

Brent and I Am Mick like this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've never really understood the intense Carly Rae Jepsen love on the internet but I do like that song

Brent and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

She makes phenomenal music.

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

HOLY FUCK what an episode.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Lol what the fuck. Can’t believe they actually went there.

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

So it's definitely a simulation of some kind, right? That's been my prediction for a WHILE
    I also doubt Whiterose is actually dead, although it would be kind of cool if her death was just super anticlimactic like that
    The first half was fantastic too. The cinematography for the whole plant sequence was just phenomenal and the conversation between Elliot and Whiterose was so intense and well-acted on both of their parts

I truly love that I have absolutely no idea how this is ending next week

Rowan5215 likes this.
  9. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

loved the episode. still have no idea how it's going to end. legitimately cried when we saw Angela.
    there are tons of theories on the subreddit, and some of them are hella interesting. the most interesting one to me so far is the idea that Elliot has gone through this four times already and we're seeing him transition from the fifth iteration to the sixth iteration - it went a corp, b corp, c corp, d corp, e corp, and now we're at f corp.
    I'm really going to miss this show, but I'm super excited for next week.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I can't read any theories on this show (Reddit is blocked at my work...and I never visit Reddit any other time)...but what's the deal with the blood in the garbage can at Angela's and not being able to find her mom?

11. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

what the FUCK just happened

trevorshmevor and I Am Mick like this.
  12. Rowan5215

I have absolutely no theories or even a desire to attempt one, all I know is the show could have ended at that "I love you" and it would have been absolutely perfect. that fucking moment

RJ Knorr, trevorshmevor and matthaber like this.
  13. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Well then , they finally went there eh . Love this show

14. Rowan5215

how do we know it's not one last hallucination of Elliot's?

RJ Knorr, RyanPm40 and JBoch like this.
  15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I think it's a delusion. Or WR really does have some brainwashing technique and she's doing to Elliot what she did to Angela. Idk. I don't believe in there being a parallel universe either way though

Seeing theories that real Elliot is F Corp Elliot and the Elliot we've been with this whole time is just an alternate personality. Idk how I feel about that.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. matthaber

Is it weird i would believe a simulation/parallel world before ever believing WR has some brain washing technique that makes you think your living another life?

kbeef2 likes this.
  17. matthaber

i also think they have played the "everything you just saw was Elliot imaging it" card too many times now for this to be explained away with just that

trevorshmevor likes this.
  18. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I think Angela told him he has "only child syndrome". So whatever's going on, it seems like Darlene isn't his sister?

I Am Mick likes this.
  19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

What’s more unbelievable: that this is actually an alternate reality or that Elliot would imagine himself owning the latest OK Go album on vinyl?

20. SPine

Trusted

When you put it that way, definitely alternate reality.

RyanPm40 and matthaber like this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

What the fuck is happeninggggg. Halfway through this episode I was genuinely convinced that they pulled a fast one on us and this was the surprise finale.

Like him being transported to a literal alternate dimension is so close to jumping the shark but also might work? It seems like Tyrell is aware of it? Is yuppie Elliot the third personality?

Just what the fuck. That first half was so intense and now I’m just lost

22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I’m now really really mad that BD Wong doesn’t get award recognition for this.

23. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I find this show confusing at the best of times but that ep was something else. I'm not so big on alternate timelines or dimensions or whatever but at the same time coming face to face with "himself" could have just been another personality only we see like Mr Robot. Really hope they explain what's going on in a way dummies like me can understand!

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Unfortunately, I highly doubt this series will wrap up with too many answers explained to us. I really do think it'll end and we'll all be like 'what the fuck?'

I actually think last night would have been the perfect series finale. I absolutely loved both the first half and the second half of the episode.

I say all the time that this show has given me so many David Lynch vibes but the entire second half reminded me of Lost Highway.

25. Rowan5215

copypasting my theory from somewhere else, aka the death dream theory:

"I had a feeling last week that that conversation between Darlene and Elliot was the last time we’d ever see them speak - the extra dialogue this week just doubled the feeling. there’s probably more for Christian Slater to do next week, but it’s impossible to imagine a greater final scene between Elliot and Mr. Robot than that “I love you” - one of the greatest exchanges in the entire show for my money. there’s no-one else for him left to say goodbye to, really.

so maybe Elliot actually died in that room. his choice in the eXit game was between staying with his friend - aka “us”, his friend since the first moment of the show - and the machine shuts off (hence the alarms stopping when he chooses), or leaving on the boat, aka surviving, but the machine stays on and the town takes serious loss of life. Whiterose’s ultimate test of his commitment to this world over a better one, and Elliot won because of his self-sacrifice"