Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 55

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere but according to IMDB, episodes 12&13 are both going to air on Dec. 22 so it looks like we’re getting a 2-hour finale.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I wonder if that means it's starting an hour early or ending and hour late

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

End credits said there are only 2 more weeks left, so definitely getting a 2-hour finale.

also, what a fucking final few minutes of that episode.

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I want to know why Dom and Darlene just take Irving on his word that they're safe now

Brent likes this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I thought that was weird too, I would have expected them to at least play it safe and go anyway

I'm honestly not sure how I felt about this episode yet, I'll have to see how it strikes me tomorrow. Nothing really... happened

Nice to see Joey and Irving again though

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Irving and Carly Rae Jepsen, ergo best episode of the show

Brent and I Am Mick like this.
  8. Rowan5215

I would like to completely disagree with the assertion that nothing happened, this was a massive episode for Dom and Darlene's arcs and they're the two best characters on the show

I have a really bad feeling that's the last conversation Darlene and Elliot ever have though

RyanPm40, trevorshmevor and ncarrab like this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah, and I forgot about Darlene redistributing the wealth, that's definitely a major event too

RyanPm40, trevorshmevor and Rowan5215 like this.
  10. Rowan5215

for real though, the way Esmail uses tropes and cliches to create false expectations always amazes me. the whole airport running sequence with pop music has us conditioned to expect they catch each other at the last possible second, kiss and the ship is complete. instead Esmail uses this to surprise us with the much subtler, far more emotional ending where they helped one another realise what they were missing without even knowing it. Dom is finally unburdened by her guilt and sense of responsibility to everyone around her and Darlene sees her self-worth.

With the exception of that major misstep a few episodes back this has been a perfect season of television

SpyKi and trevorshmevor like this.
  11. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I'm sure I'll know what you mean once you say it, but what major misstep? I'm completely blanking.

I loved this episode. Irving was perfectly unsettling as ever. Dom and Darlene were fantastic together, as always. I was tearing up quite a bit at the redistribution of wealth part - it was just so joyful. still have no idea how this all will end.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I guess Darlene and Dom figure they wouldn’t still be alive after running into Irving if the DA was still after them? Only way I can think to rationalize it

Rowan5215 likes this.
  13. Rowan5215

the whole "Elliott drugging a former addict and letting her try to kill herself just to get to ECorp" thing a few weeks ago. was just super gross and unnecessary, and nearly soured me on the whole show. pretty telling that it hasn't been mentioned once since and I seriously doubt Olivia will ever be mentioned again, it was hugely dumb

this is the closest thing to a problem I have with episode, but if I really wanted to go deep: Irving was never about lies or misdirection, his tools were generally intimidation and implied threats (implied until they weren't, lmao). put that together with the fact that he has no real reason to lie to them at that point: if the DA really did still want them and they just ran into him a bookshop, they would be immediately dead or captured, so the fact that nothing happens kind of indicates he's being sincere

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Rami got a Golden Globe nom this morning!

Rowan5215 and I Am Mick like this.
  15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Actually yelled when Irving popped up. Also Jepsen :heart:.

weird episode. I kept worrying something terrible was going to happen because it seemed too pleasant the whole time. That was a great ending, it was kind of nice to have a more chill episode after 9 weeks of heavy suspense.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Also that hospital Dom was at is somehow the best and worst hospital. They fixed her up so well she could run through an airport after getting stabbed in the lung, but they also let her leave after revealing her involvement in a massive conspiracy.

Brent and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. Rowan5215

Whiterose's project is a massively powerful hadron collider, according to what you can see on Elliott's screen this ep

18. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

oh, right. I disagree on it being a major misstep. definitely gross, but I thought it really helped us see just how much Elliot had been pushed to pursue those actions. just the way that I interpreted it though - I know that was a pretty polarizing episode.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  19. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

RUN AWAY WITH ME

Rowan5215 likes this.
  20. Loved this episode. I think we’ve become conditioned to feel a little tense watching this show no matter what’s happening on screen, but this was definitely most “joy” I’ve felt from it since the episode with Elliot and Trenton’s brother.

The way I see it, the Irving scene was probably only a plot device to give Dom the reason she was looking for to bail on Darlene’s plan — the final hitch before we got to watch the arcs of these two women come to completion. Like, it doesn’t really matter if the DA is after them or not anymore because their stories as far as the show is concerned probably both ended here. With three episodes left I may be eating my words though

mercury and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. Rowan5215

I could swallow this if it was a clear part of his arc, though it would still be gross as hell, but the thread of Super Dark Elliott has pretty much been dropped and all the shitty things he did haven't been mentioned once which makes it feel like they did it for shock value. again, if they mention Olivia at any point that will go a long way but I seriously doubt they will

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

the use of run away with me deserves an emmy

neo506, Brent and trevorshmevor like this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Still think the best usage of a song ever on this show is Touch by Daft Punk in the S3 premiere

TellYourFriends and Rowan5215 like this.
  24. Rowan5215

M83's "Intro" tho...

SpyKi, neo506 and I Am Mick like this.
  25. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I hear you - that's a good point. I do hope that they mention Olivia again, but I agree that's it really doubtful.

and that FKA Twigs song when Wellick chokes out Sharon Knowles is the music cue that sticks with me the most, even three seasons later.