Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think they’re both equally great. Esmail has chosen quality villains

SpyKi and trevorshmevor like this.
  2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I miss Irving a lot, he still feels like a loose end that was never fully tied up to me

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I do hope he comes back just because he’s awesome, but I felt like his exit was pretty definitive

SpyKi and Rowan5215 like this.
  4. Rowan5215

I honestly never got the impression he was done and just assumed he would be back this season. Seems like I was in the minority, though? Most people seemed to think he was done at the end of S3?

5. IIRC he used the term sabbatical which is obviously temporary, so I didn’t think of it as permanent. But in retrospect I feel like it makes sense for him to just be gone now

6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

All caught up now... don't remember the last time I, out loud, said "fuck yes" to a scene like when Dom killed the three people.

trevorshmevor and I Am Mick like this.
  7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Ok I am loving my rewatch now, I think my mind was just preoccupied the first night and I couldn't focus.

God, Portia's acting is kinda cringey in S2 though. I can understand her being manipulated and that affecting her character, but she talks like a creepy emotionless robot in a way that doesn't feel very believable to me. But otherwise, I'm loving S2 way more than when it aired. Definitely better for bingeing.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. Yeah... she doesn’t get better as it moves into s3 either imo. Idk how we’re supposed to believe a character like that would act under those circumstances but like.... that’s not it lol. Feels a little on the nose in a weird way. Glad you’re liking s2 more this time around though!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. Also I forgot about this, but it’s safe to assume this week officially introduced young Elliot as the third personality, yeah? I can’t believe none of us have brought this up after all the waiting for it, hahaha

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah, I think so. It seems like the biggest twist was that the personality wasn't even really the twist, and it was masterfully done

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don’t think the kid is the third personality. Theres that weird scene from earlier in the season when child Elliot is sitting at a table in E Corp building and his mom comes in and says we’re waiting for the other one, not Elliot or Mr Robot.

Brent and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I thought the kid was the third personality until the AVClub review reminded me of the above mentioned scene

13. Ohhh you guys are right! Forgot all about that detail

14. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The music over the climactic sequence was super distracting.

Beyond that...I have no idea what these last four episodes are gonna be about

15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Incredible episode. And yeah it's hard to predict where the heck they can take this story from here, but I'm definitely here for it.

Also, Pryce was great this episode. Laughed at his line about him being too old for foreplay, so "let's skip to the part where you try to fuck me" lmao.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  16. Rowan5215

such a satisfying episode. but yeah wow they are burning through story

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yup, really enjoyed the more triumphant feel of this episode. I'm sure Whiterose will escape or have planned this all along or something but I really loved how this episode ended

Price ended up being such a great character. I knew he was dead by the end of the episode as soon as he walked into that building at the beginning but it was a great final episode for him
    I also figured that "Angela being alive" thing from the preview for this week was going to be a mislead, glad I was right

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

another fantastic episode. really enjoyed it. my only complaint (and I'm not sure if it's just my speaker system or what) is that when the music gets a little too loud, I can barely hear the dialogue. which is double frustrating cause Quayle's music has been incredible. it hasn't been as bad in previous episodes, but this episode was a little rough.

up until now, I was perfectly fine with this being the last season. but someone on reddit pointed out that this felt like a season finale and I agree. based on where we're at in the story (besides the third personality side-plot), it feels like the last four episodes are going to be an epilogue. no idea what's going to happen.

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yup, also very curious where this is going. It’s pretty amazing that I have literally no idea how the show might end, I love that.

The FSociety video being all over the news IMMEDIATELY was kind of weird, but I’m okay with it.

but yeah, that felt like a finale up until the final seconds.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I kind of think, if Esmail was still planning on 5 seasons, this would be the Finale of season 4 and season 5 would be about the thumb drive Price have Elliot regarding white rose’s machine.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I think the thumb drive is going to be the focus of the final few episodes. Sam wouldn't introduce it this late unless it served a major purpose. Also expecting to see WR sending what's left of the DA after Elliot and Darlene for revenge.

One thing that does kind of bother me about this whole hack is the financial side of it. Draining one bank account of each of the Deus Group members isn't going to result in them being "broke". Most wealth isn't going to be tied up liquid cash... I'd expect most of their wealth in investments and real estate. Stealing $1M from someone worth >$1B isn't even something they'd notice.

Brent likes this.
  22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don't know shit about money/banking so I could be wrong, but I believe the point of Cyprus National Bank was for the members to hide the majority of their wealth in. So while they're not homeless, Elliot stole 140 BILLION total from them. That's an insane amount of money for the group to lose collectively. I forget if they said how many members are in the Deus Group or not, but that's going to hurt (and much worse now that they're all doxxed, probably facing jail time for fraud/tax evasion etc)

"No more top 1% of the 1%"

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, aside from draining their accounts, I think it was to also raise awareness about the criminal activity most (of all) of them were in as well. The reporter covering the story live from the party mentions criminal activity with many of them investing their money off shore or something to that nature (I don't recall the specifics).

24. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Man that was another great episode... by far my favorite series of the year.

25. Great episode — very reminiscent of season 1 imo. Felt genuinely surreal to see Whiterose actually shaking in her boot for once. Price’s final monologue to her was extremely satisfying. “I’ve always said I don’t care if I win as long as you lose”, or whatever it was that he said. Loved the return of the fsociety mask too.

The remaining episodes will almost certainly be regarding the destruction of Whiterose’s project and Elliot releasing the final personality. I just wonder who the threat to Elliot will be now that it seems Whiterose has her hands tied.

Agree on the comments above regarding the music in this one, was a little too loud in parts. Also, I dunno what I’d replace it with but the heavy techno during intense hacking scenes always feels so.... on the nose, lol.

RyanPm40 likes this.