Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 51

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Gonna be late for work cause I can’t stop watching

2. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

this episode was incredible. I enjoyed the slow build to Elliot's realization, especially cause I didn't realize that it was sexual abuse until Krista asked. I thought it was physical abuse. I absolutely need to rewatch this episode before next week.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Is anyone still mad about Vera coming back?

SpyKi and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Well where the fuck do we go from here?

I hope that’s not the last we see of Slater. And there’s still the third personality. We’re only half way through the season.

I just don’t know.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Elliott needed to be shocked out of his numbness. I think it’ll make a difference going forward, but it was brutal to watch.

I think we get addressed by Elliott again next episode, and probably meet the third personality—the young boy who Elliott used to be pre-all of this.

cw: real life abuse
    My mother and aunt are childhood sexual abuse survivors and this was an incredibly difficult episode to watch having seen what that trauma (and healing and therapy) looks like in the process. My mom used to hide my aunt like Elliott did for Darlene. I don’t really have anyone who watches this show, so it’s hard to talk about without this context so apologies for dumping this here. But I’m having a really hard time shaking this episode today.

mercury and trevorshmevor like this.
  6. That was incredible. Definitely a rough but necessary watch. I knew there was a real reason why they brought back Vera, and the way this show connects with everything still astounds me. Each time I watch it gives me more reason to go back and rewatch again someday, and that's a rare feat.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. flask

Trusted Supporter

Everything about that episode was unbelievable. Staging it like a play, the music, the widescreen format. Glad they went commercial free.

8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Still felt like a waste of time if the entire purpose of bringing him back was to get to this revelation. Didn’t need four episodes of him plotting and monologuing just to get us here. Glad he’s presumably out of the way now tho.

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

Vera is just as fascinating as the other villains. Everyone is cut from the same cloth. Greed and power and visions of grandeur driven by tragedy. The actor KILLED it last night too. Unreal performance. Hope he gets some kind of recognition.

SpyKi, JBoch and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah last nights ep changed my opinion on Vera. What a perfect episode. Interesting to see how he and Elliot both went through similar trauma, but ended up on completely different paths due to what they did to cope with it.

It was chilling when Vera's "I see you now" line came full circle from the story about his bully that he told Krista. It makes me question how real Vera's sympathy was for Elliot, or if he was just being a manipulative sociopath. We'll never know now, anyways.

Also, fuck, poor Krista. She's going to be really fucked up from all of this. And what happens from here? Does she try to call the cops on Elliot? How is Elliot going to follow through in his plan to stop DA now?

SpyKi, mercury, JBoch and 1 other person like this.
  11. The way act one was set up with Elliot talking and act two with Mr. Robot talking, I was completely certain act three would be the unveil of the third personality. When it wasn’t, I was honestly pretty disappointed. But with where the episode actually went, I never stood a chance to stay mad. What a phenomenal hour of television.

Vera is a complex villain unlike any that I’ve seen and his strong presence in this season was definitely justified by this episode

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. Also this obviously adds an entirely new layer to Elliot’s very personal disdain for child abuse, examined multiple times throughout the show

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Ooh I didn't think of it that way, I like that interpretation a lot

14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I’m speechless. I think that could have been a shark jumping moment in a lesser show but this was executed so incredibly.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I wouldn't be surprised if they wait to unveil the third personality in like, the second to last episode.

16. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

this show continues to be the best directed thing in media

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's crazy to see how many inspirations Sam draws from. Some episodes I get major Tarantino or Coen Brothers vibes, last night I got some Hitchcock vibes. He's taken from Lynch too in the past.

So cool that any episode could just be a totally different atmosphere/vibe than another.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  18. Can’t stop thinking about this. Literally woke up with it on my mind, haha

- Trying so hard to think back on any time Darlene has talked about their dad and how this information reframes it, but coming up blank. It feels like her anger is directed more towards their mom, which also makes me wonder how this all reframes the relationship with their mother

- Curious what this means for the whole “don’t tell your mom about the cancer” thing, since Elliot has always cited his inability to keep that secret as the reason he was “pushed” from the window

- For someone created for the purpose of protecting Elliot, Mr. Robot sure got him into a bunch of trouble and went against his wishes a lot

19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

One thing I will say is that it isn't uncommon for one child to be sexually abused by a parent but another child has positive experiences with that parent and has no idea about the abuse happening to their sibling

Can be as simple as gender or hair color even. Abusers are fucked.

20. Yeah, great point. Made the assumption she knew but she very well might not have, or at least not known the extent of it

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

rewatched the episode on Tuesday and it has stayed with me all week. Rami Malek's acting in this particular episode is unbelievable. I also feel like Gloria Reuben and Elliot Villar also did a fantastic job, but their performances don't measure up to his imo.

22. Yeah I plan on re-watching this whole season before the finale for sure. It's been so damn good. Although I'm not quite sure where it is heading towards next (or the end really), and there are still a ton of unanswered questions.

I've had child trauma, certainly not to that extent though, but holy fuck did that revelation hit hard. I came to the realization on a lot of things later on in life and how its affected my mental health. This will stick with me for a long time. Another reason why this show will go down as one of my favorites ever. Phenomenal job by all actors really.

It's also interesting to know that the new episode is currently the highest rated episode of a show with at least 5k votes on IMDB with a perfect 10. Love it.

23. brothemighty

Trusted

The sucky thing is Rami will get snubbed for an Emmy nom because all the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences members scattered after season 2

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My guess is him winning an Oscar, Golden Globe and SAG awards will bring the voters back onto his side. Throw in this being the final season and I totally expect him to get nominated.

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah, the movie may not have been great but Bohemian Rhapsody REALLY raised Rami's profile, I'd expect a nomination