Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 50

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Vera's a loose cannon and I find him really interesting. I think it's too early to say he's sidetracking the main story because we don't know exactly what his "purpose" is (to use one of Vera's favorite lines).

I Am Mick likes this.
  2. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I love Vera. It's definitely a little frustrating cause it seems like he's deterring from the main story line, but I'm so fascinated by his character that I don't really care too much.

the Dom/Darlene story line episode was insane this episode. it also breaks my heart a little bit that Darlene is staying in Angela's apartment - especially when there was that pause on the ballet shoes near the beginning of the episode. on the other hand, Janice is absolutely terrifying.

I also hope that Leon was called before Elliot ambushed and I hope that we hear more about the third personality during this episode. now with Leon learning about Mr. Robot, I feel like the third personality has to come out.

my theory is that Elliot didn't drug Olivia (but instead drugged himself), but telling her that he faked it would make it even worse. so he just lied to her and let her continue to believe the lie. I think she will eventually find out when she passes one of her mandatory drug tests. there was an argument on reddit that we can just presume that Olivia would know how it feels when oxy is in her system, but it could've been a placebo effect. I'm glad they put the suicide hotline back up again, and they actually left it on the screen longer. once she went to the bathroom (like others have said), I knew what was going to happen.
    also, I wonder if they will keep this timeline up. I feel like the last four episodes have taken place in 24 hours. and the next episode being commercial-free makes me think that it'll only be an hour or so in the "story."

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Caught up on last week's episode. Brilliant.

Darlene: It's ok. We don't need to talk.
    *entire episode of no dialogue*
    Vera: It's time we talk.

That rotating shot down the stairwell was so good.

Most recent episode was good too. Whole season has been great so far.

JBoch and trevorshmevor like this.
  4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I kind of don't care about Elliott's character after this episode? Was the intention that I would come out of that thinking he's an irredeemable piece of shit now? Because if so, good job writers, I guess

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. brothemighty

Trusted

I mean he was always kind of a self-important c*nt

EDIT: Wow at the c-word filter. We can't even be British on this site now

6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Oh wow you're right. Had no idea any words were being censored on Chorus

7. RyanPm40

f0ef790.jpg
    This gave me a good laugh lol

SpyKi, atticusfinch, mercury and 3 others like this.
  8. Rowan5215

nothing he's done before is remotely comparable to what he did this episode though? I feel like this whole season is really forcing the whole "darker Elliott" storyline on us, it just feels grimdark and fake edgy to me, and now Christian Slater has to play Mr. Robot as the calm voice of reason which goes against all his strengths as an actor

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don’t think it’s “oh shit Elliot is fucking bad ass now” as much as it’s showing how he’s fully, 100% locked in on taking white rose/dark army down. If he has to hurt a few people to “save the world” (in his eyes) he probably thinks it’s justified. We’re very obviously not supposed to be on his side with how he handled Olivia

trevorshmevor and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

100%. He’s backed into a corner. He knows he and everyone he cares about is dead once Whiterose’s project ships. It makes sense he’d start acting this way. It doesn’t feel like they’re trying to be edgy to me, it feels like they’re appropriately conveying how desperate Elliot’s getting.

JBoch, trevorshmevor and I Am Mick like this.
  11. I’m also like, very ready for Elliot to start talking to us again

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

He did make direct eye contact with us last episode while closing the door to Olivia’s apartment

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm pretty sure he very briefly said something to us last episode, I remember picking up on it. Don't remember what it was though

14. Rowan5215

I really do wish I agreed with you guys, but idk, it's not working for me. in past weeks it was an understandable kind of drivenness which led to some great scenes (eg that childish argument with Tyrell) but this episode really took it to an ugly place for me. specifically using a suicide attempt, in graphic and extremely uncomfortable detail, as a narrative plot point to show us how cold Elliott is (and a contrived one at that - anyone seriously believe he'd let her go the bathroom after she showed him the razor blade in her Oxy bottle like, two days ago in show time?) was just a really uncomfortable and gross choice. the fact that our main character drugged a recovering addict and let her try to kill herself as part of his "quest" to take down the big baddie is just not good, especially in a show which has generally handled issues of mental health well

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

This music is something lol

16. flask

Trusted Supporter

THIS EPISODE DAMN

17. RyanPm40

Holy fucking shit this episode revealed a lot more than I thought it would

18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Uh holy shit

19. Sasidhar Vankina

I watched the first season and thought it was amazing, but towards the end t's getting super trippy and idk if I'm feeling the show anymore. Do you guys recommend still watching or does it stay that way throughout the seasons?

20. Not reading any posts yet just coming in to gripe about how my least favorite part of the week now is when this thread gets bumped on Sunday nights while I have to wait til Monday for Prime to upload the episode :verysad:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. RyanPm40

Towards the end of what? Season 2? That's my least favorite season. This one has been amazing and I think it's worth it

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This was definitely incredibly well done, a reveal I totally didn't expect and it's STILL not the third personality lol. Incredible acting on all fronts, especially the actor who played Vera who I have never seen in anything else but would love to after this. Really like how it was staged like a play

Am I the only one that thinks they dragged the reveal on WAY too long though? I figured out what she was going to say like 5 minutes before she actually said it

trevorshmevor, RyanPm40 and I Am Mick like this.
  23. Windowsdown

It gets weirder and becomes a show about his mental health, with less and less social commentary and anticapitalistic tones as the show progresses. It has moments of brillance nonetheless, so if you dig the characters and the filmography, keep watching: it's still a decent show.

24. Rowan5215

I breathed five times during that episode. that was a fucking work of art. bravo

SpyKi, atticusfinch and trevorshmevor like this.
  25. Rowan5215

given the delicate nature of the subject matter, it would have been suuuuuuper bad if they rushed on past it like it was another twist in the narrative instead of giving the character time to come to terms with it. The AV Club review summed it up very well: Elliott is supposed to be the last person to figure it out, even after "us", because he doesn't want to

SpyKi, atticusfinch, mercury and 5 others like this.