Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

The stream worked great for me. Very interesting episode.

2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Damn, missed it.

3. It was just the first half of the episode though, right?

4. Night Channels

Trusted

Yes. It's a two part premiere.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  5. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Correct. The end of the first half wasn't anything too exciting. Without giving much away in the first half we only spend time with Elliot/Mr Robot, Darlene, and evil corp executives.

6. devenstonow

Noobie

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but I really like the theory that S2E1P1 spoilers: Elliot is in prison. It really makes a ton of sense
    Also, rewatching Season 1 right now with my roommate, we should be watching the episode where we find out Mr. Robot isn't real tonight, and I can't wait. It's also cool watching with full knowledge of what happens, mainly in the way that Darlene treats Elliot when they initially "meet" and how she totally treats him like her brother

7. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Did you watch the premiere yet? I like that theory but I feel like when Gideon comes to see Elliot that kind kind of squashes it.

8. devenstonow

Noobie

I did. With this theory, he's not in prison or jail for something directly related to the hack, it would be for something else. Gideon is just threatening more trouble. I'll need to watch it again to see if Gideon says something that would imply he's already in some form of trouble. Also in the theory, his mom is a prison guard.

Watching that scene, I was mainly focused on seeing how Gideon reacted towards his mom; she only spoke up once Elliot was getting loud. And Gideon was just occasionally looking back at her

dhayes likes this.
  9. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

hmm. it makes sense given his set eating schedule, living in a tiny room, etc.

10. devenstonow

Noobie

yeah. No internet, scheduled housework, scheduled "free time" of watching basketball, eating all his meals with Joey Badass, Joey Badass watching reruns of Seinfeld

dhayes likes this.
  11. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

lmao

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Back tonight

Jake Gyllenhaal and dhayes like this.
  13. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Not til 10, fuck! I'm an old man. Also the theory above is intriguing and makes sense...could just be a metaphor though.

14. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

What a premiere. By far my favorite thing on television.

I'm never quite sure if the show is taking F society's mantra seriously or not and I'm good with that.

15. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

what did the voice on the phone say at the beginning of hour 2 "do what it says or in 10 seconds (???????)"

16. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I think they're just implying that fsociety will delete the encrypted bank files

17. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I was buying into the Elliot is in a prison/mental hospital theory, but his interaction with Craig Robinson's character makes me unsure.

Also, can anyone explain the confrontation between Elliot and Mr. Robot near the end of Pt-2? I think Mr. Robot said something along the lines of "when people see you they're really seeing me"??

18. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

It's exactly what he means, Mr. Robot is the personality that people recognize, not Elliot.

He subsumed Elliot in his personal circle just as he can seemingly will himself into control at will.

Mr. Robot represents something, a fever-dream of hurt young adults sure. But he represents that immature, unfulfilled desire to burn down the civilized world. In comparison Elliot is an unstable, eternally pessimistic, downtrodden man who is just another member of that wistful audience to Robot's vision.

19. Nothing mind-blowing, but a solid premiere. Re-establishing where our characters are at and introducing new ones (Bada$$, Robinson, Gummer), all of whom I liked.

Also, this got a couple Emmy noms.
    Best Drama Series
    Best Actor in Drama Series (Rami Malek)

20. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Very surprised that Slater didn't get a nomination for supporting actor

21. Ya I would've picked him over Kit Harrington for sure.

22. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

It also got nominated for Outstanding Writing in a Drama.

I know it got a few nomination in the "creative arts" categories too, including the score getting a nom.

23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Really enjoyed the premiere. Also watched Hacking Robot afterwards and enjoyed that. I normally don't watch the after show things, but Andy Greenwald being on it persuaded me to do so this time.

24. You're right. I only saw the "big" awards listed in the article I read. Complete list:

Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series
    Outstanding Drama Series
    Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series
    Outstanding Music Composition For A Series Original Dramatic Score
    Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series One Hour
    Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series

I was curious about this but couldn't stay awake to watch it.

25. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

I that this episode is right off the bat with the badass song choices.