Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 49

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. trevorshmevor Nov 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 4, 2019)
    Didn’t take long for me to catch onto the no dialogue, but definitely didn’t expect that line from Vera at the end. Fantastic episode, forced parts or not I love it when creators try weird stuff like that — Bojack takes weird chances all the time and it’s part of what helps diversify the show.

Really interested in those details Dom was writing down about the van. On one hand it could just be another device to convey her continued paranoia, but on the other I really want it to be the beginning of some kind of plan. I feel the most sympathetic towards her and just really want her to find peace by the end of the show lol

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

She did it in the first episode too when the worker was at her house. She's definitely just keeping track of all the supposed Dark Army vans

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Bojack was my first thought too but that show had a brilliant hook to justify its silent ep in-universe, as well as turning it into an amazing joke right at the end - I realise there's no real way for Mr Robot to make all its' characters completely silent without going full sci-fi, but the lack of justification bothered me

I really really want Dom to win/be happy more than any other character but I'm feeling more certain she's not getting out of this alive :(

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The music this episode was top notch

mercury and trevorshmevor like this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I was so on the edge of my seat the entire episode that I didn’t even realize the no dialogue. Now that it has been pointed out I feel stupid.

the biggest reach for me is that Darlene contributes typing the entire time the security guard was in the room with her and he could t hear it???

Anyway, this is really shaping up to be my favorite season. Every episode has been absolutely incredible so far.

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’ve seen people justify that by saying server rooms are super loud so the security guard wouldn’t hear shit, but the flip side is Elliot only knew the security guard came in because he heard him come in.

so yeah. as I said, I think a lot of the shit that happens during their physical crimes don’t check out.

trevorshmevor and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. brothemighty

Trusted

Wow Malek didn't do all the running

Respect -1

And here I thought he was a committed actor

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Heads up, for those who DVR the series, next week’s episode is at 8 pm and not 10 pm. I had to manually DVR next Sunday’s episode because it wasn’t set to record due to the time change.

9. Watched it again since my gf wanted to see it. A few nitpicky notes

- Feels like Darlene shouldn’t have been able to get back out through the security gate since Elliot has deleted her profile?

- They really focused on that security guard’s water bottle multiple times, I thought for sure it was going to come into play somehow

- Fuck that staircase shot is so dope

- Really hoping they at least acknowledge the third personality in the next episode. I trust Esmail but also am afraid of it becoming a hamfisted plot device in the last few episodes of the season to justify the show ending in a way that it would not otherwise be able to

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

the 8:00pm episode throws me off. dialogue will have to be different (I don't think they can drop f-bombs without fines before 10:00pm), so I wonder why they're making it early.

the way I was able to buy into the Darlene thing was that I feel like most places just allow you to leave without swiping out. but maybe that's just in my experience.

great point about the third personality. I almost completely forgot about it, and it should be addressed. we still have seven episodes left, so there's time. but I definitely don't want it to be held onto until the end.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think USA is airing some Awards show that starts at 9. I could be wrong. I just saw the scenes for the new episode and it said something like 'all-new time' so I went to go manually check and it was at 8 (and I think again at 11) and it wasn't automatically recorded, like it normally is. Maybe I'll record the 11 o'clock episode seeing as that may be more unedited if it's true about the fine times.

12. brothemighty

Trusted

We still out here fining for f-bombs

People say "fuck" get over it boomers

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Finding it hard to care about Vera with everything else that’s happening

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I don't think there was a fucking second in this episode that I wasn't on the edge of my seat, holy shit. SO intense the entire way through. Elliot's story was supremely fucked up and sad and I genuinely thought either Darlene or Dom would die

I do agree that Vera does still seem out of place but I assume it will come into play more

15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Jesus Christ that episode was dark. As soon as Olivia got up to use the bathroom I knew that was coming. I was really hoping Elliot was bluffing about drugging her. Mr Robot was right about that crossing a line. Very much reminds me of Walter White poisoning the kid in BB

Very wholesome episode to play before an awards show

16. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah Elliott is officially a monster. That was really messed up. I'm also on team "I don't care about Vera". Seems like an unnecessary distraction from the main storyline that I think is much more important in this final season

17. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I thought of Walter White too. He's willing to use whatever means necessary to accomplish his goals, even if it means doing something that's morally wrong.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This season is reaching all-time status for me.

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think this is one of the few shows that legitimately gets better as it goes. I know a lot of people were down on S2 but I loved it all. This season has been more or less perfect for me.

20. 100% every season of this show has been better than the last. Jury’s still out on s4 but if the trajectory is consistent this certainly will top s3

I Am Mick likes this.
  21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

This season has been great but I actually think it's one of the weaker ones. Still enjoying it a lot though

Jusscali likes this.
  22. I like the idea of having Vera around as a wild card to complicate Elliot’s very strict time crunch, but I do wish they’d spent a little less time with him during this episode. I’m not really sure what we’re supposed to get out of Krista refusing to give Elliot up until the last minute, which was basically the only reason we had to spend so much time in that room this week

Either way, pins and fucking needles again, man. What a dark episode. When Janice walked in on Dom and Darlene I literally had to physically stand up lmao, was losing my mind

I Am Mick, ncarrab and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I think I go 3>1>2 with the seasons but if this one keeps up like this and they stick the landing it could easily reach the top

Also forgot to mention that I was super glad to see Leon back, and as a "good guy" again. Would love if he killed Vera actually

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Elliot knew he was walking into a trap, I hope he called Leon before he was abducted

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I get the frustration of Vera kind of sidetracking the main storyline, but I thought his scenes were dynamic. I don't have a problem with him being back in the picture at all.

SpyKi likes this.