Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 48

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

heavy Fargo S3 vibes, for sure. the bowling alley episode in particular

2. I sold one of my friends on watching this by comparing it to Fargo a couple of weeks ago, the settings are different but there are a ton of similarities in general

3. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I just had a skim through the reddit for this show and man is that place nuts for theories. Every frame gets micro analysed for references. Like "Elliot and Darlene blink 3 and 13 times so I looked up Isiah 3:13 in the bible and it was a reference to a man whose son wore a green hat which symbolised he was alone in the world. Dammit Sam my old friend. You got me again!". It's insane!

Haha while I was watching and they started walking through the woods my first thought was "I bet people call this Pine Barrens online"!

RyanPm40 and Rowan5215 like this.
  4. flask

Trusted Supporter

I looooooove reading the theories on Reddit lol.

Preserved Moose, RyanPm40 and mercury like this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I try not to anymore after they predicted the season 2 twist so early on and kind of spoiled it for me

mercury and trevorshmevor like this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I don't go on Reddit so I don't know any of the theories...I miss the IMDB message boards.

7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Honestly I really didn’t dig it. Two characters I gave a shit about just...yeah. I’m bummed out after the first two ep. last two were whatever.

8. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Absolutely loved tonight's episode

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Pretty cool how they went the whole episode without a word spoken until the very end

Also, Elliot really needs to get to a hospital, Jesus haha.

SpyKi likes this.
  10. brothemighty

Trusted

Holy shit I didn't. Even. Notice.

So that's why there were so many text conversations

SpyKi likes this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Edge of my seat the whole time, I think this might have been even better than the S3 single-shot episode

I didn't notice the lack of dialogue until Elliot and Darlene got to the building lol, although I think Darlene said "you don't have to say anything" to Elliot when he got in the car unless I'm making that up

12. Rowan5215

first line of the episode: Darlene said "it's cool dude, we don't have to talk"

last line: Vera said "it's time we talk"

clever framing device, I guess, but this one felt weird to me. the one-shot episode had justification in terms of ratcheting up the anxiety of this episode, this one was kinda like.... they're not talking because they're not talking? there was no in-universe reason for it

having said that, the shot of Elliot + Darlene running down the Vertigo staircase was incredible

13. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

this. it was really cool and I was definitely on the edge of my seat for almost the entire episode. but there were times that it felt more forced than organic (i.e. when Dom showed up at the crime scene/police station). overall, I loved the episode though.

Preserved Moose and Rowan5215 like this.
  14. Rowan5215

there were some really awkward interactions between Elliot and Darlene although I suppose that was kind of the point. Dom just not saying anything to her mother and Krysta communicating with a shop cashier without words were the points where it felt super forced to me

15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

That chase was so stressful. Is the rest of the series just Elliot slowly succumbing to internal bleeding?

trevorshmevor and I Am Mick like this.
  16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Awesome, awesome ep but probably also the most far fetched one yet. Very Mission Impossible.

mercury and I Am Mick like this.
  17. I Am Mick Nov 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 4, 2019)
    I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

For as realistic as the hacking is (supposedly, i don't know shit about that but I'll take their word for it) the "irl" crimes they pull off are often pretty silly. Like their grand plan for sneaking Elliot in is having him noisily hop over the security gate with his enormous jangling backpack? And then have the security guard check every corridor in that server room BUT the one they're in?

Also I refuse to believe two LAPD officers would really bother to chase Elliot like 60 blocks.

That said, very entertaining episode. The chase was super intense, that shot of them running down the staircase was brilliant.

Kind of interesting Mr Robot wasn't in the episode at all?

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Also it looks like that chase scene was pretty haphazardly filmed haha

(that's a stunt double running, not Rami yelling at the dude)

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Sam replied to my tweet before the episode with this clever gif. I thought the lack of dialogue added to the intensity of the episode. Definitely one of my favorites of series.

trevorshmevor and I Am Mick like this.
  20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

He helped Elliot burn the van at the very beginning but yeah, was totally MIA after that. Maybe he would have had a better plan for the heist.

I Am Mick likes this.
  21. Rowan5215

yeah - I guess there wasn't much room for Mr. Robot in a dialogue free episode, haha, considering all he can do in a technical sense is just talk to Elliot. I was thinking it would've been cool if he showed up and tried to talk to "us", but couldn't cos the episode was silent. Very meta

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I was kind of expecting them to switch when Elliot got hit by the van. Pan over and see Mr Robot on the ground

trevorshmevor and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Yeah it was a cool ep but little things like the security guy not yelling when she left her phone were a little odd.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. RyanPm40

Yeah, that felt a little off, and how he searched every row of the server room *except* the one they were in.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  25. RyanPm40

Lol when Elliot first got on the bus and it seemed like he got away I was like "oh come ON. You really mean that those officers wouldn't identify the bus and have some other cops go after a slow-moving bus!?" And then it actually happened and I shut up heh. Found it weird how relieved Elliot was when he got on board as if he wouldn't expect that to happen