Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 46

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I don't think Tyrell is the other personality. Look at the show through the context of other characters and that theory gets shot to hell pretty quickly... His position in E Corp, the FBI's investigation into him, the fact that one of their biggest pieces of evidence connecting Tyrell to Elliot is a phone call from prison. I think that'd be a major plot hole if he's revealed to be the other personality.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Watched the pilot again. Elliot says "AFK" and "IRL" out loud and it's hilarious. THAT'S HOW HACKERS TALK OK!

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I see some theories in the comments here that perhaps Joanna has actually met Elliott's 3rd personality. She acts very strange throughout the conversation and the way she asks who he is sounds a little suspicious. She also apparently says in Danish "If you have done anything to him, I will kill you", and then looks strangely disappointed when Elliott tells her he doesn't understand the language she's speaking. What if his third personality speaks Danish?

Rowan5215 likes this.
  4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I was always bummed that the hints that Joanna was more than she appeared just kinda... went nowhere and she just died in s3. like both times she meets our character he says he feels like she can see "us", a massive and very intriguing hint, and then that kind of just got dropped. I'd be really happy if it came back into play somehow

trevorshmevor and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

The third personality is “us” right? That’s the only thing that makes sense to me.

Brent and Rowan5215 like this.
  6. Rowan5215

why wouldn't we have seen Darlene telling "Elliott" about Vera though? If we're the third personality that should have been something we saw

I Am Mick likes this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

we’re the fourth and the third is just the friends we made along the way

trevorshmevor and I Am Mick like this.
  8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

There's a lot of good theories about a third that I'll accept (what @RyanPm40 posted and a thread on Reddit about how Elliot is actually the third while wearing the Mr Robot mask that seemed compelling when I was unable to sleep at 5am but I'm too lazy to find right now) but I swear if the third is represented as "child elliot" I'll be throwing hands

mercury likes this.
  9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Can’t say I ever expected to see Elliot getting laid to a Grimes song

mercury and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Woah. Spoiler alert.

11. RyanPm40

I feel like not a lot happened in this one, but it clearly is setting up for a lot of shit going down in the rest of the season so I'm happy with it. Can't wait for next week

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I think a quieter episode was needed right now lol

I loved seeing Elliot genuinely connect with someone like that and my inner soft-heartedness hopes it leads somewhere but I'm sure she'll end up dead or something... plus he did hook up with her to steal something from her lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. RyanPm40

I think either Olivia or Krista will die in that van next week.

14. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

when I first saw this promo over the summer, I thought it was maybe Elliot's mom. but she died in last week's episode. so, then I thought that it was maybe Krista, but last night's episode stomped that out really quickly - first, that's not her voice. and second, Krista told him that she didn't want to see him again. so while I think that Elliott and Krista will see each other again, I don't think it would be in the calm tone that's in the video. but after last night's episode with us seeing a lot of that apartment, I think that it's Olivia who is talking to Elliot. which makes me bummed cause that tells us that their relationship isn't going to end well.
    additionally, I can see myself getting a little frustrated with the upcoming Vera plot, because I feel like it'll take away from the main storyline. but, at the same time, his character is so good that I don't really care.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Rowan5215

weird episode, kinda seemed like three different ones smashed together with 1) Whiterose flashback ep 2) race-against-time with Vera closing in-ep and 3) the Olivia stuff. but each part was so good I didn't even mind - that bathroom scene was amazing and the callback to the best episode of the show (don't delete me) was primo

Esmail wildin by just not having anyone even acknowledge the massive cliffhanger from last week lmao

trevorshmevor and mercury like this.
  16. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

No way the Olivia thing ends well. Happiness is not allowed in this timeline!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. RyanPm40

What was the massive cliffhanger again? I just remember it ending with Darlene telling Elliot that she killed that woman, and Elliot asking her for all she knows, which she immediately did in this episode.
    EDIT
    Ohh wait nvm I'm dumb. I remember now. The other personality.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  18. Wanted to let a few episodes build up before I jumped back into this — watched the s3 finale and s4 premiere tonight. I am broken. This show is insane.

This is obv late but can I just say that the taxidermist revealing herself to Dom like that was more scary than any of the countless horror films I’ve been cramming this month?? Jesus I thought I was gonna need a shovel to dig my heart back out from the pit of my stomach.

Also I don’t think I’ve seen a show transition from the recap to the cold open like that ever in my life. I was like, why are they putting a whole ass scene in this s3 summary? And then suddenly it was like, oh, wait, the show is happening now

RyanPm40 and Fronnyfron like this.
  19. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

^ Literally the same, such a subtle transition to the first scene in E01

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

How are they just not going to address the third personality?! I was assuming when Elliot stopped Darlene, that was the third. He seemed much slower and serious in that moment.

I also don't know how I feel about Vera coming back, it seems like he's just going to be a nuisance plaguing Elliot which is going to annoy me haha. I'm assuming that was actually Vera's crew in the van, not Dark Army.

Tyrell is an idiot. How is he so dumb? He knows Dark Army is around, knows they're aware of Elliot, "let me break into this fools house and shout out our plan"

Really like Olivia, it's a shame she's definitely going to get killed.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Also fuck Amazon for delaying the season pass for this episode

22. I don’t think the Vera thing will muck up the story, it seemed pretty clear to me with his exit in s1 that Esmail has always had a plan for him. Definitely interested to see how he works into all of this — he clearly values Elliot’s presence in his life and I would not be surprised to see Elliot exploit that somehow.

Also I think that van was for sure Dark Army — it was the same type of van parked outside of Dom’s house. Could be a misdirect though I guess

23. Agreed, loved the Whiterose flashback but by the end of the episode I’d almost totally forgotten about it haha. Showing the Dark Army surveil Elliot as she instructed at the beginning of the ep was a nice way to tie it up but I wish we’d gotten a little more time with her.

24. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

man i wish i could have had some warning before i watched the newest episode. some of the stuff with olivia hit a little too close to home. im gonna be crushed if she ends up as collateral damage in this story.

25. RyanPm40

Oh shiiit Tyrell getting shit done