Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 45

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah...can't you tell?

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I can now lol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

yeah, USA aired it completely uncensored.

4. That episode was so fucking intense from start to finish. So glad this is back.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. Jusscali

I wish they were able to interact one last time....wackkkkkkkksandwich

6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

God damn it, Sam. You and your cliffhangers. Another great one

7. Jusscali

Wait!? It’s Sunday’s and not Monday’s?

8. RyanPm40

Haha yep, Sundays at 10 :P

9. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

HOLY FUCK. THREE PERSONALITIES. I FUCKIN KNEW IT

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I have no idea what to make of that ending

Brent likes this.
  11. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

So who is the other personality?

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

What the fuck is going onnn??

I really hope this is a misdirect. A third personality coming out of nowhere seems kind of weak

trevorshmevor and Brent like this.
  13. RyanPm40

Oh I definitely think there's a third personality, and I can't remember specifics bc I didn't rewatch, but I feel like there may have been some hints of it in S2? Maybe? Idk.

Hard to think of who it'd be though. I feel like the more well-known characters in the show have enough evidence to make it impossible to be them, such as Tyrell or Darlene.

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I feel like the only clue is all that missing time after the 5/9 hack that we still don't have any POV on. But it still feels odd. I don't know.

It's going to be a looong week.

15. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I have to agree. I trust Sam but I think this would be a really easy plot line to jump the shark with. especially if it's a character we've already met. like Tyrell or Leon.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. RyanPm40

I guess I don't see why it's not a problem for Mr. Robot to be an alt, but so out of the realm of possibility that Elliot could have another one? We know that Elliot is mentally ill, most likely with DID, and I don't think it'd be that odd for him to have more than one alt personality with that condition.

I'm excited to see where this goes

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Damn, I didn’t even watch yet but obviously stumbled upon some spoilers.

I’ve always expected Tyrell to be revealed as Elliott at some point. I think it was in Season 2 where one of them was in the mirror and both they’re faces kept flashing in the reflection.

18. Rowan5215

It's not out of nowhere, actually Sam said in an interview the show's been building to this since the first season

we see him hallucinate his mother and himself as a kid in the s1 finale, while Mr. Robot is doing his big society speech, and they all stand together and say something like "we will always be with you"... in retrospect kind of a strong hint lol

and as Reddit rightly pointed out, neither Elliott nor Mr Robot remembered the end of that Red Wheelbarrow scene with Tyrell that we saw twice, when they told Tyrell he couldn't see what was above him because he was looking in front of him. that might have been our first exposure to the third personality

trevorshmevor and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I feel like I let the first couple of seasons just wash over me without taking it in properly and they were so long ago I barely remember anything. Any theories that reference previous scenes that hinted at who the 3rd personality is are just mildly confusing surprises haha. I should have re watched it before this season or something.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I know there's been theories of a third personality for a while, but I always thought that would be a pretty silly moment if it ever came true. I don't know. We'll see. I trust Sam, I just can't see a way that doesn't feel goofy "aha I was here alll along!"

trevorshmevor and Rowan5215 like this.
  21. Pseudo!

Regular

They've dropped some big hints about a 3rd personality every season so it feels pretty well set up, but then again I did a rewatch before this season

trevorshmevor and Rowan5215 like this.
  22. Rowan5215

I have full faith in Esmail at this point but I understand the other perspectives for sure

Maverick, trevorshmevor and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. RyanPm40

Saw an interesting theory about who the other personality could be:

The other personality is the REAL Elliot. The one who suffered the trauma and abuse as a child and remembers it. The Elliot we know took over as the "host" personality as a means to forget the trauma so he can survive and live in the real world and be "heroic" without shutting down completely. And then the child persona is Elliot from before the abuse happened.

This is why our Elliott didn't know who Darlene was at first, or why he didn't recognize his father in Mr. Robot. These things were locked away, possibly due to the possibility that remembering them could spark traumatic memories in him.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  24. flask

Trusted Supporter

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RyanPm40 and Rowan5215 like this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’d sign up for that

RyanPm40 likes this.