Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 42

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I think it doesn’t get the hype it deserves because it’s on USA. If it was a Netflix Original it would be one of the most talked about shows.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It wasn't even on my radar because it was on USA. I only checked it out because Funhaus recommended it. Really, really glad they did.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I used to hate recommending this show to people because the conversation would always stop or turn into someone laughing when I mentioned it was on USA.

Dirty Sanchez, JBoch and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

"It's called Mr. Robot... On USA... Yes, the same USA that has shows like Suits and Graceland... It's really good... No, I'm not joking, you really need to watch it"

Dirty Sanchez and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. How are you guys going to sit there and insult the network that gave us Psych.

Petit nain des Îles and Joe like this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

'Oh, not a fan of the USA Network? Well, perhaps you'd be interested to hear that actor Christian Slater - who has been making straight to DVD movies for the past two decades - is a star of the show!'

ABSOLUTELY no shade toward Slater. I have always loved him, but he's got a bad rap.

mad, JBoch and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Lmfao this did give me a good laugh. At least Rami got super famous now so you can just say "the guy who played Freddie Mercury stars in it!"

ncarrab likes this.
  8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

RyanPm40, Brent, Joe and 1 other person like this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've seen the show once, I'd like to try to get a rewatch in but who knows lol

10. Avoiding reading posts to remain unspoiled — is the general consensus that this show maintains its quality? I remember a lot of hype over seasons 1 & 2. Thinking about diving in, just trying to gauge if it’s worth putting in the time.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  11. flask

Trusted Supporter

Hell yeah it does

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. Good enough for me, here we go

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Season 2 slows down a bit and gets pretty weird, some people had issues with that season (I thought it was brilliant) but season 3 is absolutely top tier. One of the best seasons of television in my opinion. Definitely watch, I envy anybody who gets to binge it.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I liked season 2 overall, but some over those episodes were loooong. At least from what I remember about them.

15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah, S2 really dropped the ball, but S3 makes up for it.

That season is probably the only reason I haven't done a rewatch yet. It's just tedious and boring to get through lol

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I liked season 2 more than 1.

I think this is a rare show that continues to improve as it goes on

SpyKi and Rowan5215 like this.
  17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Every season of this show is perfect.

18. Season 2 works a lot better when bingeing than it did week to week.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  19. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

The second half of S02 bangs (the sitcom episode omg), that first half draaaags.

Rowan5215, matthaber and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

whole show does really, I found it often frustrating and maddening week to week because so little seems to progress but once you look at the big picture Esmail always delivers a high quality story

Season 2 might be my favourite honestly. but yes, show keeps it's quality

21. Season 2 ep 6 what the fuck. I picked an insane night to smoke pot for the first time in like a year and a half

22. Also I kinda dipped out of the thread after asking, but thanks everybody for the input. I’m obv only halfway into season 2 but I’ve liked it much more than 1 so far, really excited to see where this goes now if 3 is even better

SpyKi and Rowan5215 like this.
  23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

3x8 might be one of my favourite episodes of any TV show. absolutely steamrollered my emotions when I watched it the other night

24. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Episode 3x5 is my favorite. Editing like a "one-shot" builds the tension and makes it a beautiful 45 minutes of television.

25. They lost me in season 2 and I couldn’t continue on.