Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 40

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I don’t even think they’ve started filming, so even early 2019 might be optimistic

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This isn't the kind of show that should last more than a few seasons so I would be okay with next season being the last

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

4. Hmm I think I'm ok with that.

5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I’m OK with it beucase it was esmail’s decision. Still sad that it’s ending though just because it’s so damn good.

Brent and mercury like this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’m fine with it as well. Hope it’s good

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

four seasons and a movie

Brent likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, that list doesn’t seem to really differentiate between cancelled and “ending after mutual agreement between network and creators”.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I could be wrong, but I don't think the show receives good ratings. Season 3 ratings were significantly down from Season 2, which was down from Season 1.

It is well liked by critics, but that doesn't mean much to networks if it's not making them money. Critical recognition can only benefit a show/network for so long.

It's very possible that USA told Esmail that he's only getting him one final season. We all know that he had plans for five.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

The show hasn't had a million+ viewer mark since the season 2 premiere.

12. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

i think long term i'd rather Mr Robot (the show not the character) die a hero than live long enough to become a villain, but i will still cry when it's over just because i'm enjoying it so damn much

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

if they pull some bullshit and split the season into two 6 episode chunks, I will lose my mind.

14. Maverick

Trusted

After reading the article it sounds like Esmail is okay with it being the final season. I was worried he’d have to try to cram two seasons of story into one given Rami’s comments saying he’d be surprised to see it end at 4 since it sounded like there was more story to tell but the expanded 12 episode order should help remedy that.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Sounds like 12 episodes was all he needed

SteveLikesMusic and Brent like this.
  16. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I also thought he originally wanted five seasons but it seems like he's perfectly fine with four seasons (especially with it being 12 episodes). season two was 12 episodes and it dragged on, so maybe 12 episodes will be fine with answering all of the questions and having a solid conclusion. he replied to someone on twitter and said that USA apparently asked him to do one more season after the 4th, so it looks like it wasn't USA pushing him to finish it out.

I have high hopes for this final season. easily my favorite tv show that's currently on and in the top three of my favorite shows of all time. I'll just be sad to see it end. he's done such an incredible job and there's been such a great story throughout all of it. can't wait to rewatch seasons 1-3 to get ready for the final one.

JBoch and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Hopefully this doesn't come out during the final season of GoT. Don't think I can handle watching the end of my two favorite shows at the same time.

18. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

not sure if people have seen this yet. looks interesting enough to give a try. not to mention it'll be danny cannavale again.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

JBoch and Garrett L. like this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Also Rami just won best actor

JBoch and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  21. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Lol yeah that too

SteveLikesMusic, JBoch and flask like this.
  23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Can't believe it's been almost two years since the start of S3...Doesn't feel like it was that long ago.

24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

So stoked

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don’t have enough service to watch the video, is there a release date?