Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 35

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah, I was expecting a lot more shit to go down but still a very solid and intense episode.

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

That was very good. I was really worried for Angela at the end there.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The tension in this one was just perfect throughout. So much anxiety stuffed into 45 minutes haha

Garrett L. likes this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Loved a ton of the shots in this episode. I feel like sometimes it's honestly the cinematography that makes the scenes even more intense. I also just have so many questions about everything in this show and it makes it more fun to watch it all play out.

RyanPm40 and Anthony_ like this.
  5. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

the way they were hyping the show, I was expecting a big twist. regardless, I was captivated from the start. what a great episode.

6. Anthony_ Nov 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2017)
    Anthony_

I’d thought the hype was just more about the event of it, the no commercials and the way it was shot. Was the preview last week reading a twist or something? Never watch those myself.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I actually watched the last two episodes back to back because I missed last week's (had it on DVR) but yeah, the upcoming scenes for next week for episode 5 said something like "The episode that no one will be able to stop talking about" so I definitely expected some major twist or thought Angela was going to die or something because I kept waiting for something really big to happen.

8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

That was wonderful - well shot, incredibly tense, gripping throughout the entire episode. This season has been so, so good.

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Although I'm kind of disappointed that the episode ended when it did (cliffhanger made the episode feel incomplete), it was still a crazy good episode. Sam and his crew deserve all of the Emmy's for this one. Absolutely loved the how it was shot and edited to be like one continuous shot. Birdman is one of my favorite movies and this episode feels like a way more intense and disorienting version of that.

RyanPm40 and mercury like this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

That was a phenomenal episode that unfortunately got a little overhyped.

So many questions. And I fucking love that hungry Red Wheelbarrow guy. What a dude

Anthony_ and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I really expected the building to explode in this episode. I wonder why it seemed like such a big deal that Angela did what Elliot was supposed to do with the HSM. Maybe it was supposed to be a trap for Elliot?

There's definitely some trickery going on here because I wouldn't expect Dark Army to trust Elliot with anything after that scene with Tyrell taking over in the last episode.

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Does Dark Army/Irving know about Elliot’s split personalities? And I wonder what was in the bag given to Angela at the end, she clearly looked upset by it.

So much uncertainty

13. Anthony_

Yeah so I’d hazard a guess that they intended it to mean “nobody will be able to stop talking about how cool it looked,” as opposed to a big twist. But yeah it wasn’t clear at all so it’s easy to see how a lot of people could misinterpret it.

14. Anthony_

They have to, because Whiterose met him as Elliot in season 1. She definitely knows so it would make sense for Irving to know too.

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Doesn't Irving even mention earlier in the season how Elliot looked at him as though they never met before - despite having met him already? Pretty sure he said something to that effect at the Red Wheelbarrow restaurant earlier in the season.

16. Well, that was fun. Didn't expect the episode to become so Angela-centric, so that was a cool.

17. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

exactly this. I commented to my roommate that they should just blow the whole thing up.

18. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

dunno if this has been posted already, but looks interesting:
    whoismrrobot.com

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I started watching this for the first time a few weeks ago and finally got all caught up just now. I fucking loved the first season but thought the second was weaker but still really good (I mostly watch comedies so the long slow-paced episodes kind of became a chore at certain points), and this one is just great so far. Most recent episode was fucking awesome.

I love the twists on the show. I saw the initial twist about Mr. Robot in S1 coming because I noticed that nobody else was talking to him pretty quickly, though the jail thing caught me by surprise a lot in S2. Speaking of which, I really like Joey Bada$$ on this show and I can't tell if it's just because I'm a huge fan of his. I think he does a great job with his role for it being his first time acting.

Malek is just amazing though, I fully see the hype with him now.

JBoch likes this.
  20. SPine

Trusted

Finally caught up. The past episode was a cinematic masterpiece. I was baffled by the performances, shots, etc. Everything was so well crafted

JBoch, Anthony_ and mercury like this.
  21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit. Best episode of the show to date.

dadbolt, Anthony_ and Furman like this.
  22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

holllyyyyy fucckkk. That episode was even more intense than last weeks. agreed, best episode so far.

dadbolt and Anthony_ like this.
  23. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

that reveal at the end of Elliot watching the storefront with all the TVs reporting that 71 buildings had exploded or caught on fire almost reminded me of the slow reveal of Shayla's death back in season one. it's like I knew what was going to be on the other side when they finally revealed it, but I didn't want to know. and then when the reveal happens, it hits you right in the chest. did not expect that twist at all, which is so weird because looking back, I definitely should've known that it wasn't going to be as anti-climatic as that. so many questions, can't wait to see Leon back in action next week.

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I was so disappointed when Elliot stopped the explosion. 6 episodes leading up to nothing?! That ending fucked me up. Didn’t expect it either. I wonder if the FBI is going to bring Elliot in now that Tyrell is “captured” (part of the plan or did he disobey Irving?). I can’t see the show keeping up the pace it set for the first half of the season now.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  25. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

me too, I really thought the episode was just going to end there. no explosion, no anything. Esmail does that perfectly. and agreed about the pace of the show - it definitely needs to slow down. which is frustrating, but so much has happened over the last two episodes, I need a breather. but on the other hand, the show excels when it's fast-paced. really excited to see how Whiterose and Price's relationship dissolves (or doesn't?). I also need to stay off of the subreddit, some of the theories seem possible and I feel like I spoiled future reveals for myself. edit: no idea what happened with Tyrell and being captured. I could see it going either way regarding orders from Irving. but I can also see Tyrell finally truly snapping when finding out about his wife.