Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

This was my favorite show of 2015. I've watched through it four times now and pick up new things every single time. Sam puts so much detail/thought into every scene. Really makes it a joy to podcasts that breakdown the episode because there's so much you miss or didn't even realize the first time (Andy Greenwald did a great weekly recap of during season one for Grantland, RIP). Insanely excited for the new season.

2. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

This and People vs OJ Simpson are tied for most nominations at the Television Critics Association Awards. Probably a good sign that this will do good at the Emmys.

3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.

4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I think I'm finally going to start this up tonight now that I see it's on Prime Instant.

5. Yeah gonna watch through the season again uncut when I get the chance. Been meaning to.

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Nice! I just recently got Prime and have been wanting to rewatch this again before the new season.

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Two episodes in and I'm already hooked.

sean_rugy likes this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

domotime2 likes this.
  9. I would've been fine w/ 10 eps, but cool. With as many shows I struggle to keep up with, I appreciate short, concise seasons. Guess I'll be dedicating 3hrs to Mr. Robot on July 13th. Bring it on!

10. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Not gonna complain about more Mr. Robot. Cool.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So was this unedited when it aired? I downloaded the first season soon after it aired, and there was a bit of profanity. Not sure if it was that was on tv or if it was pulled from online.

12. Did the first episode leak?

13. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I can't find it anywhere if it did. No mention of it on the subreddit.

14. It looks like it's just a preview episode 00. I was almost very happy. Hahaha.

15. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha yeah as soon as I saw your post I scrambled to get my laptop. Goddammit Jason.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

USA will start airing a live post show for Mr. Robot similar to "Talking Dead" and "After the Thrones" called "Hacking Robot".

17. Meh

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I started my rewatch of season 1 today. Damn, this show is awesome.

19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I ended up finishing the season in less than 48 hours. What a fantastic show.

20. SC Wood

Was awesome up until the Fight Club reveal in the last couple of episodes. I'm still going to watch season 2, mainly for the awesome cinematography and strange framing this show does.

21. What didn't you like about it?

22. SC Wood

90% of the first season was amazing, from the dead pan acting of Malik to the technicality of what they were doing. But something was amiss surrounding the reveal of Mr. Robot's character (Slater). There were hints that something was going on in Elliot's mind, and some things may be delusions, but when the realization that - spoiler alert - Mr. Robot was in his head, I felt cheated. Adding to that, the Fight Club montage of interactions between Mr. Robot and Elliot were a bit too "on the nose" and ended up being a blatant rip off of Fight Club.

I know I'm not alone on this; when the realization went down, a lot of people on AP in the Mr. Robot thread were kind of underwhelmed at the overwhelming similarities.

23. I guess I don't really see it as trying to be a rip off. All the foreshadowing and references made it clear that Fight Club was an influence, and the writing of the reveal even confirmed that they weren't trying to hide it.

24. SC Wood

The influence turned into a copy at the end, and that's where it lost me. It was just too similar.