Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

you're not the only one. I also had no idea. which made that episode even better!

Miss Heartcore likes this.
  2. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Yeah I think it was telegraphed on purpose. I've heard it described as an "anti-twist", meaning that it was purposely telegraphed to the audience without it being too forthright as to build anticipation for the moment where it becomes obvious to the protagonist.

Joe likes this.
  3. Anti-twist is good way to put it. Still, I think it's cool that a couple people here got to experience it as an actual twist.

Side note: Lotta Joe's in this thread. I like it haha.

NewSurrender likes this.
  4. joe727

So you're the reason I wasn't able to have my username here just be Joe. lol.

5. Imgur Image

joe727 likes this.
  6. joe727 Apr 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2016)
    joe727

Just a reminder for anyone that is anxious for season 2, that Sam Esmail's debut film Comet is still available on Netflix I believe if you want to check it out in the meantime if you haven't seen it yet.

It's probably not for everyone's tastes but I dug it alot. 500 Days of Summer meets Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind is probably the best way to describe it. Esmail is so great at making you question what is real and what is not.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Think I'll have to rewatch this before s2 starts.

8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Both twists blew my mind, haha.

Miss Heartcore likes this.
  9. joe727

No new footage from season 2 but still really awesome.

10. joe727

Jason Tate, morgantayler and Snewt like this.
  11. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

ayyy hell yeah

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So pumped.

13. joe727

This just won a Peabody Award, along with Master of None, UnReal, Leftovers, Transparent, Black-ish, Jessica Jones, and Beasts of No Nation.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  14. joe727

more season 2 promos

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Thanks for posting this! I've never heard of this movie but will check it out

16. devenstonow

Noobie

So, here's a question I've had about the ending that I thought I understood, but saw a few comments on other sites that contradicts my thinking; I've only had one watch-through and might try and watch again before Season 2

In the final, post-credits scene does the guy from ECorp know that he's talking to White Rose? Obviously to the viewer it's obvious (outside of it being BD Wong, the watch beep, i thought, was supposed to be the 'holy shit' moment), but I initially thought that the ECorp guy didn't know, and that White Rose is 'secretly' a powerful world leader/businessman. Did I miss something that implied the ECorp guy knew this was also White Rose? Did I miss a hint about White Rose's true identity?

17. mercury likes this.
  18. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

So I did end up writing about this show, but not exclusively. I opted to break down the pilots of four successful shows to see what they have in common, how they break the mold, etc, and Mr. Robot was one of them (along with LOST, The Americans and Banshee). If anyone wants to check it out, you can do so here. Not the most comprehensive analysis ever, but I had fun with it.

JBoch, morgantayler, mercury and 6 others like this.
  20. joe727

So hyped.

21. Damn. Can't wait.

How'd they do that Obama scene? Voice over with an impressionist?

22. So excited. I'm definitely going to watch season one again before July 13th.

23. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

looks incredible. craig robinson looks like he's torturing elliot in the one scene.

24. devenstonow

Noobie

Just bringing up my question again now that talk about this show has started up again. Based off the trailer, I'm inclined to say that the answer is no and that the ECorp CEO didn't know he was talking to White Rose

25. drstrong

I'm Back.

Didn't even realize that this was coming back already, will for sure check it out but I still can't get over the fight club style of reveal
    The cinematography alone is what will keep me watching.