Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mr. Robot (USA) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Mr. Robot is an American drama–thriller television series created by Sam Esmail. It stars Rami Malek as Elliot Alderson, a cybersecurity engineer and hacker who suffers from social anxiety disorder and clinical depression. Alderson is recruited by an insurrectionary anarchist known as "Mr. Robot", played by Christian Slater, to join a group of hacktivists. The group aims to cancel all debts by attacking the large corporation E Corp.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Snewt

3. Really loved this show last year. Might be my favorite new show in a while.

stnewton likes this.
  4. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

I still need to watch this show. I've heard so many good things about it, but I just haven't had the time to sit down and watch it.

Same goes for second season of Fargo, that and this are what I'll watch in a couple weeks over spring break.

5. Snewt

Those are two excellent choices. You will not be disappointed.

6. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Yeah I loved the first season of Fargo so I'm excited for the second. As for this, I've been avoiding pretty much all spoilers/videos for the purpose of not ruining anything before I get to sit down with it

stnewton likes this.
  7. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Binged this a little while ago and I loved it.

stnewton and Jason Tate like this.
  8. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

Almost bought the first season while browsing at Target the other day. It mentioned that it had a gag reel which would probably be interesting with the intensity of this show.

9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Season One was so good. I was hooked from the start. Very excited to see what season two brings.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Do we have a start date for Season 2 yet? I can't wait. I hope they can hold onto the greatness.

13. Aching for this to come back

Eric Wilson likes this.
  14. I love the framing in this show. The moments that video highlights do such a great job creating tension and catching you off guard with all the open space and the weird angles.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I think I'm going to write a paper about this show for my serial format class

troyplaysbass and Jason Tate like this.
  16. phaynes1

Regular

Still need to watch this

17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I'll definitely need to rewatch this before season 2 starts. I binged it so quickly that I forget a lot of things.

Henry and Jason Tate like this.
  18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

If you end up writing about it I'd definitely be interested in reading, if you're willing to share of course.

19. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I'd be happy to share if I end up using it!

stnewton likes this.
  20. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

would love to read that paper as well. if I was taking any theory classes right now, I would definitely use this show to explore more.

also somehow missed that craig robinson will be on this season. that's odd. really curious to see how that works out.

21. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

I'm the only one who didn't know the twist and I still feel ridiculous.

22. Snewt

Which twist? I feel like there were a few.

I saw the Fight Club connection pretty soon, but didn't think it was his dad right away. I definitely did NOT see the Darlene connection coming though, that one got me.

23. The Darlene twist legitimately surprised me. The Christian Slater/Mr. Robot one was almost telegraphed throughout the season and especially leading up to the reveal. I don't think the show was even trying to hide it.

Snewt likes this.
  24. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Yeah, it was definitely telegraphed from the very first episode. Maybe even first scene depending on how deep you want to read into things, because there's a line in the first two or three minutes where he says "I'm talking to an imaginary person" obviously not referring directly to that but so many things like that become obvious upon rewatching.

Joe likes this.
  25. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

The initial problem was that I've never seen Fight Club...I only know the ending

Snewt likes this.