Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mozilla Purchases Pocket

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pocket, the read-it-later service, has been purchased by Mozilla:

Pocket will continue on as a wholly-owned, independent subsidiary of Mozilla Corporation. We’ll be staying in our office, and our name will still be on the wall. Our team isn’t changing and our existing roadmap has been reinforced and is clearer than ever. In fact, we have a few major updates up our sleeves that we are really excited to get into your hands in the coming months.

2. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Never even heard of Pocket...

3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Jason Tate and ramomcferno like this.
  4. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

Pocket is awesome for mobile to read things later.

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  5. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

i'm a big fan of the app refind. idk how it compares to pocket, but it's pretty useful for tagging/saving pages, and curates some content based on what you and your followers have tagged.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I use Pocket so many times a day. It's ridiculous.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I didn't realize Mozilla still had enough money to buy anything. Firefox has been dying a slow death for a while.

8. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

dope. was hoping they would move to integrate pocket further with firefox. i think mozilla is doing really important work in keeping the web open, private, and open-source.

lightning13 likes this.