Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moving Mountains Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Deathco_019, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Deathco_019

Drummer

The S/T and the songs on the split with Prawn are in a league beyond what this band was doing before. Pneuma and Foreword are great releases though, I really love them both. Waves is the only one that I just "like." It definitely does not appeal to me nearly as much as it did when I discovered this band back in 2011.

2. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I keep trying to get into the other albums, but I don't like them all too much. I absolutely adore s/t and the split, though. I think I enjoy Foreword the most out of the pre-self titled stuff.

I did get into the band with the self-titled, so that might be why.

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'd put the split second after Waves. I think both songs on the split are better than anything on the selftitled.

fenway89 likes this.
  4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I keep hoping s/t will click with me. I loved the two songs they did on the e.p with Prawn but I just can't get into s/t as much as I'd like to.

5. Deathco_019

Drummer

Strange to me that you're into the split with Prawn but not the S/T. Just as strange to me as people who are into the S/T but not the split. I feel like they're doing the same thing.

But different strokes for different folks, it's fine. I just find it interesting/strange haha.

fenway89 likes this.
  6. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I love how the s/t is sequenced. Such a natural progression throughout the whole thing. It makes it easier to listen to, and it was already quite easy to begin with for me.

7. SpyKi

I think the split is just done way better. More interesting vocal melodies and way better vocals.

fenway89 likes this.
  8. Iago

forbidden chalice.

The split is a tad bit more orchestral in comparison to the s/t, which is more riff + piano orientated, I think. I do think that both paint a similar ' vibrant & pretty' picture tho.

9. SpyKi

They are very similar but to me the split is what I wish the s/t was like.

fenway89 likes this.
  10. S/T is what I wish everything was like.

Iago likes this.
  11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I wanna hear Greg do more belty/aggressive vocals again over this new musical style

fenway89 and SpyKi like this.
  12. Deathco_019

Drummer

Feel like that'd be really weird.

13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

theyd know how to incorporate it

14. Deathco_019

Drummer

Greg really settled into his voice in the S/T. That's easily the strongest he's ever sounded.

Iago likes this.
  15. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

I got into them with Pneuma but lost track of them until I heard Hands off of the S/T. It's interesting to the see the direction they've gone in since. Seems like they've moved away from anthemic sounds to more streamlined approach to their music. It's not a bad thing though. I like seeing the growth in their music, and in fact am looking forward to their next release.

if deathless is any indication, the next album should be really good.

Iago likes this.
  16. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I wouldn't mind him going back to agressive vocals, but I think this new style of his is where it's at. I couldn't imagine me liking, say, "Burn Pile" as much as I do with aggressive vocals because the intensity of the song is already there and it would feel overdone. I like the s/t because it rests upon the intense moments instead of applying force upon them, if that makes sense.

heartbeatsbrain likes this.
  17. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I love everything they've done, I could just put it all on the same level. The last like two years maybe I've had their S/T on top of the list for sure, I also liked both of the splits with Prawn and Moneen, the downside being that we only get a cover and two new songs, and while MovMou is one of my favorite bands, I enjoy those Prawn tracks surprisingly a bit more! However, Foreword EP is what means the most to me in the end. That's when I started listening etc.. Also forgot that I've listened to a lot of Pneuma lately after it got re-mastered - sounds really good!

DrawYourMind likes this.
  18. Deathco_019

Drummer

I forgot that it got remastered. I haven't used my download link yet for it. I should get around to that.

Bartek T. likes this.
  19. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Foreword is so, so good.

DIdn't know they remastered it. Need to check that out!

Bartek T. likes this.
  20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Oh yeah, and it comes with 2 cool remixes by Hammock and Sombear, definitely worthwhile.

21. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

These guys are just the best. I need to see them live at least once.

22. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Is the sound that much different?

Just wondering if I should pick up the digital version. I own is on vinyl but bought that a long time ago.

23. SpyKi

Couldn't disagree more. Can't stand his vocals on that album. It's the main reason why I don't like it.

24. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Anyone who likes Self-Titled Moving Mountains should check out the new Young and Heartless album Stay Away. Definitely being overlooked.

DejaMoi, TheBaroness and s12sim like this.
  25. in both Burn Pile and Seasonal there are more aggressive vocals in the background harmonies as well which I think adds to the intensity of the songs in a much more subtle way.

I love the contrast in the lead and background vocals. what I get from it (and what was surely not intended) is that the lead vocals seem tired. I take that as how he's feeling in the songs, like the songs have an overall just tired and somewhat broken feel to them, almost a sort of apathy. but in the background vocals I get the impression that that is where he wants to be, to be more alive and present and to embrace the troubles there may be.

Iago likes this.