Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moving Mountains Band • Page 45

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Deathco_019, Mar 10, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Love Caravela. Would be hella cool to see them give one of their records the vinyl treatment. But I guess their fan base is still small and maybe there’s not much demand.

Bartek T. likes this.
  2. Bartek T. Jan 19, 2023
    (Last edited: Jan 19, 2023)
    Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Found some funny looking 11-years-old photos my friend took from that MovMou gig I had a chance to see, not sure if they'll get uploaded, I've picked some better ones hahah. Can't believe it's been so long!

Anyways, as you can tell I've searched through my old hard drive - and yes, I do have some Ansible mp3s, but besides Now, Now and From Indian Lakes remixes (available on Spotify I believe) I only have two files named "Steinway" and "3060". I think one of those was Greg's first version of Deathless, but can't check it now as I'm not plugged into my laptop (and it's 3:20AM over here, I don't want to put it on the speaker). I was sure I had two more, so maybe I'll find it somewhere later

Attached Files:

3. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Man... what I would give for a follow up to that self titled

4. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

It haunts me that they disbanded. Those two songs on that split are masterpieces. True works of brilliance. Would love to see them come back as so many bands from the era are.

5. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I've listened to those 2 Ansible tracks, one is indeed an earlier version of Deathless, and the other one I thought could be instrumental, but has got some vocals too. Both are pretty cool. It was really late yesterday, so I forgot to mention that I've stored them on my laptop now, so if anyone wants to listen to them just let me know and I can put those files somewhere to share

Ellamamama and trevorshmevor like this.
  6. Haruni

Regular

don’t want to sound a false alarm but Greg’s insta story has me curious

7. congruence

Got a light?

What is it ?

8. Haruni

Regular

9. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Any more activity on their camp? would love more

10. Fixed Glitch

Man I miss these guys. I still think the split EP songs are two of the best songs ever made. Was just listening to the last album and Hands still hits me hard.

smowashere, Bartek T. and sean_rugy like this.
  11. Fixed Glitch

That album cover too, so perfect.

12. Fixed Glitch

“I’ve got a lot of things to learn, and things I don’t think that I deserve”

Always there.

13. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

I would kill if MovMou did something like Balance & Composure is doing right now - a mini reunion with a few new songs a few tour dates.

14. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Doing some b-side hunting on Youtube today and found this.

15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Oh! I totally forgot about this song, but still remember all the lyrics, I was pretty sure it was a s/t era b-side

16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Waves era. Pretty good song tho.

Bartek T. likes this.
  17. Oviedotiger

Regular

I know they have the vinyl up at Wax Bodega but anyone see the pics in their story? Is that from when the recorded that album or do I have some wishful thinking going on.

Bartek T. likes this.
  18. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Please be recording

Bartek T. and Oviedotiger like this.
  19. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

Probably a long shot, but I wonder if they’ll do any 10-year anniversary shows for the album in the NY/PA/NJ area

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  20. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Had to spin self-titled today. Starting fall off right.

congruence, Bartek T., bmir14 and 5 others like this.
  21. Greg posted a little clip of him recording some acoustic guitar on his Instagram story. Very self-titled/Prawn split type chords. Could just be for fun and keeping his chops up, but would be nice to get a little solo EP or something in the fall

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

He also had a story over the weekend about wanting to record/play stuff with people

23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Neeeeeed

Bartek T. likes this.
  24. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

Whats his Instagram account?

25. Fixed Glitch

I sure do miss these guys.