Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moving Mountains Band • Page 31

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Deathco_019, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

S/t is best album ode is best song

2. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Excellent take Zac (though I would very narrowly take The Cascade over Ode though it's very close and both those songs are two of my favorites ever.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Cascade is probably the only other pre-s/t song I’d say is among their best

4. Deathco_019

Drummer

What the fuck, how are you just going to ignore Armslength and Lights & Shapes like that?

Bartek T. likes this.
  5. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I just really really miss this band.

OotyPa likes this.
  6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

8105, anyone? pretty much all of Pneuma is better than Cascade but I do like Cascade (as well as all of Waves).

here's a hot take: this band hasn't made a single bad song.

Nick, bradsonemanband and sean_rugy like this.
  7. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's not a hot take for me heheh ;D ...and I'm also on the boat with Cascade being one of the best, especially having Kenny from moneen on it - who I also really miss in music!

.K. likes this.
  8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Can some explain to me why the ending of Seasonal always sounds like it's breaking all the speakers I play it on? Not sure if its clipping or just the harsh tone they have one their guitars but it always throws me off guard (even though I def love it)

9. The right ear guitar tone is suuuuuuuper fuzzy, I imagine that’d be the main contributor

10. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah, it just always catches me off guard since its sooo fuzzy, and it sounds like its super high in the mix. Literally the only moment I would adjust on a near perfect album.

11. Barcara Feb 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 24, 2018)
    Barcara

Regular

I think that Stones, the bonus track from S/T, is one of the bands best songs.

Any thoughts on that tune?

KidLightning likes this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

You’re in the band?

And I agree, I never found out it wasn’t part of the intital tracklist for a long time.

13. Barcara

Regular

Woah, what a strange autocorrect haha.

E: Might be a hot take because I know most folks love the album as is (myself included), but I actually think Stones is a perfect closer after Apsides. Makes Apsides this beautiful and sparse penultimate track, then it ends on a kind of upbeat and resolving note with Stones.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  14. Not really a fan of Stones, but I loooove the Under A Falling Sky remix

15. congruence

Got a light?

Stones is great but I kind of forgot about it so thanks for the reminder !

16. congruence

Got a light?

A full album of stuff like Stones and the Prawn Split would probably be my all time favorite album

OotyPa, Barcara and Zac Djamoos like this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn I thought a band member was in here for a second haha

18. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Ive listened to and adore Waves so much over the last six years. So great. Ive tried all of their other material, but nothing ever kept me interested to listen to it again. I just put Waves back on. This week im going to try to get into their other material more

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I haven't listened to Waves fully since the week it came out I was so disappointed in it

20. atlas

Trusted

Waves gets a bad rap but that one screamed line in Tired Tiger ("when you can't feel the air") sounds so awful and is mixed so much higher than the rest of the vocals that it's honestly kinda funny to listen to

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

waves is an abomination
    Whoops

cwhit likes this.
  22. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Some production elements on Waves take some getting used to, and that's it. Where also I think "Stones" should find its way into the original tracklist.

23. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

i hate yall

24. Deathco_019

Drummer

Waves is tight and I'll take it to my grave

25. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The only problem I have with Waves is the beginning of Tired Tiger. The nod to This Will Destroy You in Full Circle is a cool moment.