Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moving Mountains Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Deathco_019, Mar 10, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yup. "You have received a warning for "warning". Please check out the rules"

2. Sweeeeeeeet.

Now be nice to :wave:'s ... or expound. ;-p

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

waves sucks because chris brown is featured on it, that's all i meant by that post!

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Deathco_019

Drummer

Nice wave emoji there

5. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Obligatory Iago absolutely adores the self titled record. Listening to it right now and I'm still speechless.

6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

OK I think I really need to listen to that one more I always get soooooo surprised how much love it gets around these parts. Well AP now here lol

7. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I listened to it for the first time late February and I haven't fell in love with an album this fast since Ixora week one. This, Ixora, and Futures are the only records I was full forced captivated by upon the first listen. Other records have either grown on me or I knew they were going to become special to me eventually (Dealer, Born To Run, TDAG) but those 3 records pulled me into weeks of repeat the moment I put it on.

8. jols

Trusted Prestigious

listened to the split songs yesterday, driving home from work
    nothing felt right to follow it, got sad

9. PhillipD

I listen to their self titled and split ep everyday. It is so good!

10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

What about the switcheroo series volume 2 i bought that as soon as i could i know its only one song by each band but it needs way more love

11. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Quite possibly one of my favorite bands ever. I recall someone on ap saying Abby Normal is their best work yet and I'd have to agree. Everything they've put out is gold. So what's the deal with their current band status, anyways? They broke up after the ST, but after the split with Prawn I've been wondering if we're gonna hear any more from them.

DejaMoi likes this.
  12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Love the self titled and the two songs off the split. Can't really get into any of their other stuff though.

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

What are your thoughts on Brand New? I remember on Ap it seemed like you were into every other band among their peers but not into BN for some reason....

14. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Daisy is my favourite Brand New album which I know is not a popular opinion. :crylaugh:It's really the only one I'll ever listen in full. I might listen to a few other songs now and then from their other stuff.

But you are right. They aren't one of my favourite bands by any means but I love a lot of others close to them. Not sure why that is...

DejaMoi likes this.
  15. S/T was released in like September of '13, right? I remember loving Eastern Leaves but being lukewarm on the rest of it for a few months. then between Christmas and New Years I was super sick for about two days. I was staying at a friend's house for about two days in between traveling while on break and those happened to coincide with the two days I was super sick. I was in bed for most of that time sleeping it off and I fell asleep while listening to S/T at least twice. somehow it brought me this peace while I felt like dying and it clicked with me on every level.

tl;dr S/T is one of my all-time favorites.

16. Deathco_019

Drummer

S/T is one of my all time favs. Also love Pneuma and Foreword a lot, as well as the split with Prawn.

As for what they're up to nowadays, I think it's still basically a hiatus. I spoke with Nick in December and Greg recently on the Foxing your and there aren't any plans for anything.

Jacob likes this.
  17. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Got into them after seeing them on Warped Tour in 2011. Great band. Pneuma is an underrated gem.

Cameron likes this.
  18. PatRFinley Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2016)
    PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I remember at Warped Tour 2011 TWY were playing 3rd on whatever stage they were playing that year (Nintendo 3DS?) so I just camped out there until they played. And these guys played before them and I remember really enjoying their set, but I haven't checked them out since.

bd007h likes this.
  19. Deathco_019

Drummer

Whaaaaaaat, get on that!

20. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

21. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I would start with Foreword but thats just me

Cameron likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Pneuma, and onward. Their entire catalog is great. Including :wave:

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Though yes Foreword is probably my favorite from them.

DejaMoi likes this.
  24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

You just wanted to use that wave emoji didnt you eh lol

Cameron likes this.
  25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

TROW is ok but they are no BN that's for sure. A band I recommend that probably no one on here knows is Halos you should check out their stuff. Funny that I discovered that band on AP back in 2007